Military Wives/Mothers/Girlfriends/Fiancees...HELP!

Options
ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Okay, this is totally off topic of weight loss....BUT....
I have 5 special ladies in my FRG that have really helped me out with the current deployment of all our spouses.... so I wanted to get them something special and I found the perfect gift! Charms that look like "chest ribbon candy" but represent achievements on the home front!

http://www.attagirlgifts.com/index.html

wifes-story.gif

The problem I am having... is which "ribbon"/charm to get!?!? Last night I had my heart set on the Hazardous Duty one (since it's what they are doing) BUT today the regular Deployment one seems so fitting too! The stones all represent different things and they all have a "certificate of achievment" to go with them. I just don't know which is best.

I am just buying one charm and the necklace converter....but I need help picking the charm!?! It's also of course a rush thing, cause I want them to have them before the guys start coming home for R&R next month.

Help!

***Anyone else is MORE then welcome to help me decide...

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Okay, this is totally off topic of weight loss....BUT....
    I have 5 special ladies in my FRG that have really helped me out with the current deployment of all our spouses.... so I wanted to get them something special and I found the perfect gift! Charms that look like "chest ribbon candy" but represent achievements on the home front!

http://www.attagirlgifts.com/index.html

wifes-story.gif

The problem I am having... is which "ribbon"/charm to get!?!? Last night I had my heart set on the Hazardous Duty one (since it's what they are doing) BUT today the regular Deployment one seems so fitting too! The stones all represent different things and they all have a "certificate of achievment" to go with them. I just don't know which is best.

I am just buying one charm and the necklace converter....but I need help picking the charm!?! It's also of course a rush thing, cause I want them to have them before the guys start coming home for R&R next month.

Help!

***Anyone else is MORE then welcome to help me decide...
  • michelle0920
    Options
    I like the deployment one!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Let me state the obvious here and say that they will love whatever choice you make - you're so very thoughtful. :heart: That being said, I like the idea of the deployment one. Let us know what you decide...!:flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I would say the deployment..."hazardous duty" is what they do...not what we do. KWIM?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    The ribbons represent our "survival" during THEIR jobs... true I don't have the hazards of his job, but I still pay a price knowing it's what he's doing.

I hiss everytime a group of soldiers enter my school, cause there could be a day that they are there to bring me news I don't want.

Also, a big thing about the people who are doing the charms, it's not to take away from the soldiers it's to acknowledge those on the homefront who are tested sometimes just as hard as the soldiers. To reward them for their sacrifice and dedication to their soldier and his choice to serve his country.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. The deployment one seems most fitting. How thoughtful of you! I am sure they will love them.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Oh... this may help...and it's not breaking rules...

Currently, all 6 of us have spouses who run convoys somewhere in Iraq,
    not the best job to have over there. Several....have already been used for target practice.

That's the reason the Hazardous Duty one was suggested.
    It's not a "traditional" deployment... like some recieve.
    It's a time of war, and they are in the heart of that.

That might help with figuring which one....

This is a HUGE decision... cause I've kinda hinted at the idea to one of the wives (had to keep A LOT a secret) but....a lot of the families don't have tons of money....so... I am basically starting a tradition that I hope they will continue in their lives.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Oh... this may help...and it's not breaking rules...

Currently, all 6 of us have spouses who run convoys somewhere in Iraq,
    not the best job to have over there. Several....have already been used for target practice.

That's the reason the Hazardous Duty one was suggested.
    It's not a "traditional" deployment... like some recieve.
    It's a time of war, and they are in the heart of that.

That might help with figuring which one....

This is a HUGE decision... cause I've kinda hinted at the idea to one of the wives (had to keep A LOT a secret) but....a lot of the families don't have tons of money....so... I am basically starting a tradition that I hope they will continue in their lives.

After having my husband over their doing security for convoys...I do know what it's like to get the news that a good friend about 100 yards in front of my husband got hurt really bad. So I understand the Hazardous Duty on their part, trust me. But it's not Hazardous over here...we're not going through it like they are...that's why I picked the deployment one.
This discussion has been closed.