Best piece of equipment for the busy life

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
I have a job that requires me to work 14-16 hours a day/ 6 days a week, and after that, I don't want to workout one bit. But the best piece of equipment I have is a 5lb weighted hula hoop. I start dinner, and while that's going, I do my hula hoop. When I worked the long hours in the summer and the fresh garden vegetables were abundant, I lost 35lbs from June to September. I'm actually doing my hula hoop right now.

Replies

• Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. How does hula hooping help your vegetables grow?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Shake weight. You should see my forearms/wrists.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Mine is a neck massager. Yep...that's what we'll call it.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    *lol* what?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but your weight loss was from a calorie deficit. Having a very busy job would contribute more to that than using a hula hoop. Glad you found an extra activity that you enjoy.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Shake weight. You should see my forearms/wrists.

Do they look like this?
    kristen-wiig-shake-weight-o.gif

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Why does it seem no one is supportive on here anymore, and everyone has to be a sarcastic a-hole?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Why does it seem no one is supportive on here anymore, and everyone has to be a sarcastic a-hole?

I think it's how you worded it. "Best piece of equipment for the busy life" versus "My favorite piece of equipment for my busy life". Best is subjective. Also, you made it seem like the hula hoop is the reason for your weight loss. It's great that you have something you love and you have lose weight, but the hula hoop was not the reason you lost weight.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I agree with you kojiro44705 - some people are sarcastic - picky if you don't carefully word every little thing you post. They need to get over themselves - right?
    -
    I think it's awesome that your hula hoop is helping with getting to you to good health. A friend of mine does the hoop, too - it's helped her lose an amazing amount of weight - she looks great and if that's you in the pic, so do you!!! (I just can't do it!!!! - :-( no matter how hard I try!!!)
  • lwyatt55
    lwyatt55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ignore the Debbie downers. Do what works for you.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Come on, it was funny! Nobody reads "Best piece of equipment for the busy life" without their mind going straight to the gutter.