Hi, I'm new here!

Options
Hi everybody. I'm new, I'm a 38-year-old housewife (a polite term I'm using for "unemployed").

I'm trying to drop 5-10 pounds and get more fit over the next two months. I'm doing this for a lot of reasons - because I'm 5'1", and seriously, every extra pound shows. Because my weight has been steadily creeping up over the last few years, and I want to get a healthy lifestyle before things spiral. Because I have a family history of heart disease and diabetes. And, most recently, because I'm starting fertility treatments soon and being fit and healthy can improve my chances.

Replies

• lwyatt55
    lwyatt55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give. PROTEIN PROTEIN and more PROTEIN cut out all CARBS
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I say make your calories count...lean proteins, vegetables with a bit of fruit, fat and whole grains in there. Track everything you eat. Good luck!
  • MermaidsWhimsy66
    MermaidsWhimsy66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm new too but it's a great tool to help track everything. I love it so far but it is making me hold myself accountable! I wish you the best!
  • scannerjockey
    scannerjockey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm trying to not obsess too much over what I eat (I had an eating disorder when I was young), but focus on better choices and struggling mightily to keep junk food and sweets out of the house. (My husband, however, LOVES that stuff!) I've also cut down on alcohol (I used to be a social drinker, now I have no more than one glass of wine), and I haven't had soda in two weeks.