S.B.F Challenge........December 9

Options
Good Morning!

Yesterday I ran into an old friend that I haven't seen for about 6 months...she noticed I cut my hair (I took off 7 inches) but then she said "Something else is different...YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT!!" :heart:

She is the first person that didn't know I was working on losing weight that noticed and this morning I weighed in to see if I was on track for this week and I'm another whole pound down!!!! So there is my motivation for the rest of the week!

Goals today:
Stay within calories since it's a rest day! (I might just go walk on the treadmill...but nothing major!)
Figure out something healthy for dinner! Since we're going on vacation in a week I don't want to buy more food if I don't have too)
And drink my water! (I've noticed it's harder because my husband stole my favorite water bottle and I can't drink out of the other one as fast :laugh: )

And I just wanted to thank you all for your support! I have never lost weight this quick (minus that first week of water weight) but you have all helped me stick with it by focusing on each week instead of the next month like most of the challenges do. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Yesterday I ran into an old friend that I haven't seen for about 6 months...she noticed I cut my hair (I took off 7 inches) but then she said "Something else is different...YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT!!" :heart:

She is the first person that didn't know I was working on losing weight that noticed and this morning I weighed in to see if I was on track for this week and I'm another whole pound down!!!! So there is my motivation for the rest of the week!

Goals today:
    Stay within calories since it's a rest day! (I might just go walk on the treadmill...but nothing major!)
    Figure out something healthy for dinner! Since we're going on vacation in a week I don't want to buy more food if I don't have too)
    And drink my water! (I've noticed it's harder because my husband stole my favorite water bottle and I can't drink out of the other one as fast :laugh: )

And I just wanted to thank you all for your support! I have never lost weight this quick (minus that first week of water weight) but you have all helped me stick with it by focusing on each week instead of the next month like most of the challenges do. :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome Renae! Congrats!!

Ladies I am joining once again!!! I figure I may as well since I am coming back to the site more often! :bigsmile:

I've been up since 6:00am and did the 30day shred level 1 with my brother in law. I find it a bit of a challenge but I thought he was gonna die! :indifferent: He had a hard time with the jumping jacks! Ah well!

Goals today: Keep with in calorie range, and drink my water!!!

I really need to get my eating in check again! I wont be so obsessive this time though. hahaha At work I saw 2 ppl i havent seen in about 2 years and both of them looked at me in shock and said that I have lost a lot of weight and am looking great! Not only that a guy at work has asked me out and I know another one has a "crush" on me hahaha Sometimes I wish I wasnt married :tongue: hahaha Nah. My dad has noticed too and whenever he sees me says "WOW Carrie!! Youve lost a lot of weight!!!" Im just over half way there! I can make it!! :smile:
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    Carrie that's awesome!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey, I managed to get online early today! Great job Renae, and welcome back Carrie!

I am hoping to get a walk in today, and get back on track with my pushups. (MM, I need you to harass me - I've been slacking!) And, drink water - I think I am getting really dried out with the cold weather lately.

Have a great day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi, early risers. . .

I have to be brief, as I'm headed out the door.

Plan A: get out of the office at a decent hour, go to the gym for cardio and upper body.

Plan B: get out of the office at a non-decent hour, go home and do Shred level 2.

Plan C: collapse at the office, in which case. . .I would be careful with my calories. . .:tongue:

Did a good job at hydrating yesterday (I actually set my cell phone alarm to go off twice to remind me to get up and fill my water bottle. . .) and managed to make it to yoga last night. . .

Take care,:flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! I lost another pound and the skirt I put on this morning fit better than the last time I had it on. Yeah!!!:happy:

Goals for today:

Water
    Stay within lower calories today since didn't go to the gym this morning. Husband out of town, so was home with the boys. He'll be back today, though, so I can hit the gym tomorrow!

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:

Bobbie
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Carrie!
    Congrats to all who lost weight and got compliments!
    Just a short note here. I am going to call the midwife in a bit and get an ultrasound set up. Yesterday I was hurting pretty bad and it wasn't cramping, so my fears of an ectopic pregnancy set in. My husband also agreed to spend the money, so that means he's a little worried too. I don't know if I will get in today (though I am praying I will!). I will let you all know later.
    Today is drinking all my water (which I have actually been doing this week since I have just been laying around)
    resting
    and waiting for my MIL to come to help out
    I think that's it. Have a good Tuesday everyone!
    MM
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    My prayers are with you MM.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Renae - do you have a distance goal? I just noticed the ticker you have.
    Hope all goes well MM.
    Welcome back Carrie!

You know, sometimes just to feel like I'm not a busy as I think I am, I just have to check in here.

Yesterday, I made it to yoga, walked, and biked. Today is gym - elliptical or maybe kickboxing. I didn't go to weights yesterday - 7:30 is just too late - it messes up my dinner. I'll try to go Wed morning.
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    Renae - do you have a distance goal? I just noticed the ticker you have.
    Hope all goes well MM.
    Welcome back Carrie!

You know, sometimes just to feel like I'm not a busy as I think I am, I just have to check in here.

Yesterday, I made it to yoga, walked, and biked. Today is gym - elliptical or maybe kickboxing. I didn't go to weights yesterday - 7:30 is just too late - it messes up my dinner. I'll try to go Wed morning.

yeah...I figured it was a good motivator for working out! The 1,300 miles is the distance from the hell the Army put us in to my home near my nice sunny beach!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    The baby is OKAY!!!!!! Yipee!
    I had the sonogram done this morning, and I am just barely 6 weeks! She saw the heart beat and gave me a picture of my peanut! I'm so relieved! I am still on bed rest for now. She thinks the bleeding is implantation and the pain is the pregnancy cyst which is normal but not all women feel it. My midwife will probably call me later and let me know what I can do and such. I am SOOO relieved! I wanted to cry when she said she saw the heartbeat! That was music to my ears!
    Back to laying down!
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Yea Melissa!!!! I remember how real seeing that tiny blip made it for me. I can only imagine how relieved you are after all you have been through :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Well, I got the "day" off (have to work afternoon/evening) so I got the munchkin off to daycare with dad, then crawled back in bed. I never thought we'd get Ian away from the Christmas tree, as the "elves" decorated it last night! After I drug my butt out of bed I went for a rainy run. There is something so relaxing about running in the rain; i love it! Grabbing a quick lunch, get ready for work and pick up around the house before I head in.

Tomorrow I'm working both jobs, so don't know if I'll make it here. The shift at the restaurant is 2:30-close, so I will be lucky to squeeze in an intentional workout. I figure i'm on my feet the whole time anyways, so I"ll count it as walking..... hmm, wonder if it's worth wearing a pedometer?

And so you don't all think I'm an early riser, this post shows pacific time. You're insane if you think I'm up that early! There's only one 6 in my day, and it's followed by pm! :laugh:
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    MM - that is AWESOME NEWS!!! Congrats!

It's snowing here and the roads are bad so I'm definitely not going to the gym today! (little Florida girl hates driving in the snow!)

So I've got to finish up some home work and clean the house a little! I think I'm going to take a nap first...Dh kept stealing the covers and I was cold all night so I didn't sleep well :yawn:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yipee! I got the ultimate compliment; from my husband! He always tells me he can't tell if I've lost weight 'cause he sees me every day. O.k., I get that. BUT, he saw me in my running shorts and said, "you're legs are getting thinner." :blushing: He noticed! Amazing what 5lbs can do for my appearance. If I stay on track, I should break 150 tomorrow!!!!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Hi All!!!
    Renae mentioned this Challenge and I think it's really great because it focuses on now and not 3 months from now so I'd like to join if possible!!!

Do we do this for the week or for the day? How about both? :laugh:

1.) My first goal for today (since this is my first day REALLY back) is to burn off all the Christmas cookies I ate this morning before I re-dedicated myself. (900 calories!!!!!!)
    30 Day Shred Lvl. 1: 27 Minutes
    Some other aerobics video: 30 minutes
    Cleaning: 60 mintes
    (Should get close anyway)

2.) The most imporant goal for today is to stop eating when I feel satisfied tonight with dinner. Here's the plan:
    * Be the last to eat for 2 reasons:
    Everyone will finish before me so I won't be tempted by their yummy looking food
    I can put the left overs away right after I portion out my meal
    * Brush my teeth right after I eat

3.) Don't eat after 8:00 pm

My goal for the week is to learn my lesson from today and stay away from those Chrismas cookies for good!

I'm SO excited!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    I'm glad you joined us!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, just so you don't think I'm quitting this post buy I'm heading out of state for the rest of the week. See you next week.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    MM, I'm so relieved for you!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Owensmommy, welcome to the group! Most of us set both weekly and daily goals, and then post our progress (and other life stuff!) daily.
    Karen, I hope you have a good trip.

I am still at work! :angry: I am just about to leave, though. I am still really behind at work, and I let myself get sucked into a problem for most of today that probably isn't even my responsibility... sigh. And I haven't been making ANY progress on my project for the past week or so. I don't know what to do! :sad: I did get a walk in after lunch. I just feel so behind.
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    ok. So I just finished dinner. Had tacos. I was only going to eat two but i ended up eating the half of one my son wouldn't eat. I'm not too upset about it though. I'm feeling satisfied but not stuffed. I put everything away. And now I'm trying not to focus on the entire table full of Christmas cookies sitting over there staring at me. I think I'm going to put everything in the freezer.

Now I just have to force myself to work out today. I'm really not feeling like it at this point. I'm going to watch Biggest Loser and I'm hoping that'll motivate me!
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    OM congrats on the self control!

I made chicken tenders tonight and was still staring at my husbands plate when I finished. I did good though and didn't make more and skipped the fries! I'm pretty sure I'm done for the night...if I get hungry I'll have an apple.

Well, I'm off to watch a couple shows with my husband and go to bed. You all have a good night!