I'm Losing and Loving it !!

Options
I have been heavy all my life ( I'm 54 years old) and have struggled to lose weight. I have always eaten well (definitely to many carbs though) Never been crazy about fast food or sweets. My main problem has always been portion control. Charter member of the Clean Plate Club. In November 2014, I had Gastric sleeve surgery, and have lost 50 pounds since surgery. I am working out 4-5 times a week and I even kind of like it.
I realize that I am more focused on food now, than I have ever been. Because what I eat is much more important now. I have to fuel my body on MUCH smaller quantities of food and mainly protein. I joined my fitness pal primarily to log my food intake, but hope to get motivation and support and maybe offer the same to someone who needs it. Anyway, thanks for listening.
Pam

Replies

• DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi PR,
    Feel free to add me a s a friend. I am on a similar journey ( I was a member of the clean plate club too) I lost 37 lbs over a year ago, have been logging but the weight crept up to +10 from that, and now I'm looking to lose between 30-40 more lbs. The weight is finally coming off little by little now hallelujah! I did not have the sleeve, but have a dear friend who does, so I am aware of the struggles that presents.
    Diana
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Hi PR,
    Great loss already! I've found the tracking tools and MFP database a great way to monitor and modify my caloric intake as well as my eating habits. The support of friends here has been terrific. I hope you have the same experience!