when to weigh?

Options
just wondering... when is the most accurate time to weigh myself?
generally, i only weigh myself on friday (monday might reflect my weekend - which is a weakness for me - so i like to weight myself at the end of staying on track throughout the week.. get it?)

anyway.. i tend to weigh myself after i workout.. does it make a difference if it is before or after? how long should i wait until after i eat? i just want to get an accurate number (aside from the whole measuring tape thing... i need to get one of those for sure.)

thanks!

Replies

• abbylove08
    Options
    generally, i only weigh myself on friday (monday might reflect my weekend - which is a weakness for me - so i like to weight myself at the end of staying on track throughout the week.. get it?)

anyway.. i tend to weigh myself after i workout.. does it make a difference if it is before or after? how long should i wait until after i eat? i just want to get an accurate number (aside from the whole measuring tape thing... i need to get one of those for sure.)

thanks!
  • no8regrets
    Options
    i wouldn't weigh after a workout. Especially if your like me and chug bottles of water during a workout, which can add as much as three pounds for water alone. The best time would be in the morning when you first wake up, before you eat anything. And its best to be completely naked.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do first thing in the morning before I get dressed. It helps to motivate me to get out of bed because I anxiously await for what that little guy is going to tell me....Before any food or drink and added clothing seems to be what makes me feel best. I have tried after a long day and after working out but morning is definately the nicer of the 3 :tongue:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

thanks!

I second no8regrets advice but would add also that you should weigh first thing in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom. ;)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    In the morning, no food, pee first! :bigsmile:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    What ever time or what ever day, before or after a work out, morning or night...keep in consistent. Pick a day, pick a time.

If you drink 3 lbs of water after each work out, but consistently weigh yourself after the same work out each Monday...your weigh-in will still reflect the amount of weight you lost.

Week 1- WGT. 100lbs DRK WATER 3 lbs WGT 103
    Lose 2 lbs yay!
    Week 2- WGT. 98lbs DRK WATER 3 Lbs WGT 101

I weigh myself every Monday, after I'm dressed, had my coffee, where I can weigh myself on the gym scale at work. I don't have one at home.

Just be consistent.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What ever time or what ever day, before or after a work out, morning or night...keep in consistent. Pick a day, pick a time.

If you drink 3 lbs of water after each work out, but consistently weigh yourself after the same work out each Monday...your weigh-in will still reflect the amount of weight you lost.

Week 1- WGT. 100lbs DRK WATER 3 lbs WGT 103
    Lose 2 lbs yay!
    Week 2- WGT. 98lbs DRK WATER 3 Lbs WGT 101

I weigh myself every Monday, after I'm dressed, had my coffee, where I can weigh myself on the gym scale at work. I don't have one at home.

Just be consistent.

I agree with this - same time, same routine, same scale will give you the most accurate results about what you have lost.