Anyone else doing Crossfit?

Options
My husband and I have been doing Crossfit for a few months now and I have to say I love it. Currently in the process of ramping up to three days a week (husband goes five times per week but he has a longer history with overall working out). I have to admit our "box" is awesome, paying attention to body limitations (bad knees, bad backs, what have you) and encouraging without shaming anyone. It is definitely pricey, but worth every penny. So anyone else WODding it up for fitness?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit 2 - 3 times per week. There is a group called crossfit love that you should look into (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/99-crossfit-love).

• brightwell44
    brightwell44 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm splitting wood next weekend any crossfit takers out there?
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I tried it and loved it mainly because it was different and it was something I could do with my boyfriend. He isn't a fan of cheesy aerobic classes. I went consistently for about 3 months and then it got too hard. I was tired of walking into the box and having to chat with a trainer to change half the WOD because of limitations. I can handle the fact my max is a third of other people's starting weight but I can't handle instructors who tell you to skip the exercise instead of providing an alternative. It was really damaging to my self-esteem.

Having said that, a new box has opened up and I'm going to give them a trial. Hopefully I'll have a better experience there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If by crossfit you mean cyclocross...then yes...

handup.gif
  • starseedxo
    starseedxo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That looks like an awesome CX course Wolfman! Makes me long for cross season.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've never heard of cyclocross, but that looks fun as all hell!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    There's a group on myfitnesspal called Crossfit Love.
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been doing Crossfit for about a month. I currently go 4 times a week.
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just wish it wasn't so expensive to join a local box. In SW Ont it's $150 to $200 (CDN) per month for 3 or more times a week. Sigh.
    Someday...when I win the lottery, or pay off my car/house...
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I'm splitting wood next weekend any crossfit takers out there?

I'm all for splitting wood. And it's free I assume...
  • katikindschuh
    katikindschuh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing CrossFit for a year and 4 months and LOVE it! I am 19 and really have found the sense of community and framily (as our box calls it) more enjoyable than my own family some times! The picture shows just a four month transformation over the last season of training. Currently prepping for the open! Woohoo!!

ffi05as81k5a.jpg
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Reebok offers free classes on Saturday mornings for beginners, which I'm planning to try this month.
  • paulr91
    Options
    I got 5 times a week, been doing crossfit for 2 years.