485 calories left?!?! really dude

Options
Sooo I've eaten a good breakfast, decent lunch, and a decent dinner. I am not really hungry but I have 485 left for the day. I only ate one snack today but GOODNESS!!! Any suggestions on a good after dinner snack that could give me at least half of these cals in before bedtime?

Replies

• ♥Lexi♥
    ♥Lexi♥ Posts: 126
    Options
    protein shake
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    banana milkshake: banana + milk + blender = yummy goodness! You can also add in some uncooked oats (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup), some cinnamon and/or cocoa powder for more flavor and healthy calories. Some people use half milk and half yogurt.
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    chocolate milk!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I always have the same problem.

Try nuts, peanut butter or protein shake.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    nuts......trail mix....banana chips are great
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I never thought of adding oats to a shake. What a good idea:smile:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Blue diamond has some yummy Butter Toffee Almonds I like to eat. 1 oz is 160 calories (it wouldn't be hard to eat 2 oz. :wink: )

Oh... and don't be afraid to add a bit of good fats to your meals (you could have added a small bit of butter and some sour cream to that potato without doing too much damage). Add nuts or olive oil to your meals if you can (that Tilapia would have been great sauteed in olive oil).
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Almonds or other nuts.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better i have 900 it was 1100 but I just had a protien shake. I'm not stressing it though if your not hungry don't force it.

**correction 995 calories left**
  • boxingday2010
    Options
    chocolate milk!

I just finished a glass myself. It's a good substitute if you can't get a protein shake in. Or just a good ole fashion peanut butter sandwich and even can even wash it down with a glass of chocolate milk or if that's too much for you, a glass of skim milk or just plain water.
  • jamie_4evea
    jamie_4evea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1 cup of special k cereal with a 1 cup of 100 cal milk
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    A glass of chocolate milk and half of an almond butter sandwich would get you almost ALL of those calories on very little volume...
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why you want to eat more calories if you're not hungry. Am I missing something? [Are you too low on calories for the day?]
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I actually LOVE chocolate almond milk. Or...

Oatmeal
    Strawberries or Blueberries
    A serving size of tortilla chips with salsa