How often do you weigh/measure yourself?

Options
I'm just wondering how often everyone weighs themselves and why? Thanks!

Replies

• laceylovespink
    Options
    when i'm doing good I weigh every single morning...when i've fallen off the wagon I hide it under the dresser.
  • duitsmana
    duitsmana Posts: 17
    Options
    I weigh-in and measure every Sunday morning--- but usually I'll check in with where I'm at on Wednesday mornings!! Sometimes you may lose inches and not a lot of weight, which is just as good (which is why I do both)!! Good luck on your journey!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    every wed. morning
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    I hit the scales every Thursday morning...measure about every month :)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily first thing in the morning, and take measurements every Tuesday.
  • ugh1
    ugh1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I rarely do. I try not to have scale-based goals. But whenever I'm feeling really really accomplished, I'll perhaps let myself take a risk of disappointment, usually accompanied with some pride, and weigh myself.
  • Shutterpillar
    Shutterpillar Posts: 208
    Options
    I am just getting started at MFP, but I will weigh myself weekly, on Sundays.

Though, I am going to try very hard not to get discouraged by the scale. I am going to pay more attention to how my pants fit, than what the scale says.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

This is what holds ME accountable. Each person has to do what they are comfortable with. The main thing is to be consistent -- same time, same place, same clothing (or lack thereof :blushing: ), etc.

It's a personal preference. I just know this is what works for me.
    Kaye
  • orierie113
    orierie113 Posts: 42
    Options
    Bump
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    EVERY FRIDAY MORNING...ON A EMPTY BLADDER, EMPTY STOMACH AND AFTER I'VE BEEN AWAKE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR...
  • orierie113
    orierie113 Posts: 42
    Options
    Whew.....I thought it was just me. I also weigh myself every morning when Im good and hide it when Im not.....:noway:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and record it on here weekly. By weighing everyday, it keeps me more accountable. If I do have a high calorie day and gain a pound or two, I can get it off by being aware. I measure myself at least once a month because sometimes when you aren't losing on the scales, you are losing inches. Best of luck to you:)
  • juicedvette
    juicedvette Posts: 11
    Options
    Everyday at 5pm or first thing in morning. Comes pretty close to each other.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day in the morning. However, I have chosen a day, Thursday, that I weigh myself to count once a week. =) So, I only log weigh ins on Thursday.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself weekly, or at the very least every 10 days. If I think the results are good and might motivate me, I'll weigh myself twice a week! I also keep a graph of my average weight for the month based on all my weigh-ins during the month.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday I do my weight.....

Measurements are done on friday mornings by a friend at work!!!!

I know it hard...but try not to weight yourself everyday!!!! That is just my suggestion!!!!!
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i weigh in once a week & measure every two weeks.why weigh your self daily it would drive me nuts waiting for it to go down.
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale out at school, so I can only weigh myself when I go home. I go home about once a month. I actually prefer this, because I don't freak out about small gains and I see bigger losses in that longer time frame.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I weight myself every morning, but don't worry too much the daily stuff as I do the weekly total. I measure once a month at Curves.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh once a week, then bumped it back to one every two weeks. It used to be Monday morning I'd weigh in, but I've switched to Friday because I feel that is a more accurate weight since I do really well during the week and tend to slip on the weekends.

I remeasure my waist, arms, legs, hips, etc every 15 days.