Getting started tomorrow Fat and Forty

Options
I'm starting my new way of living tomorrow, being that I'll turn forty this year has me flipping.

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to start! I've been on the flip side of 40 for almost four years now and I'm actually really enjoying it! I like lifting weights so this lady is one of my inspirations since she started lifting when she was older than I am now.

http://ernestineshepherd.net/?page_id=2
  • hazeleyedjazz
    hazeleyedjazz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lol that's what made me join a gym for the first time in my life. It's been good. I actually enjoy it!
  • klof2015
    Options
    I am getting started tomorrow too. I need to get active and be held accountable for my diet and exercise. Good luck!
  • jun4Me
    jun4Me Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello: I, m starting tomorrow & going to change my habits. With friends & this, I will hold myself Accountable. TY.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 46, and 25lbs lighter and in much better shape than I was for most of my 30's! :smile:

Don't rush it - if you're starting new habits and routines, realize that it takes some time to figure out how to balance it all, and to do it sustainably - you want to lose the weight and keep it off for good, right? Use the tools here - log food as accurately as possible, and get yourself moving with exercise. Start slow, no need to go gonzo for 2 hours at the gym - this generally leads to burnout pretty quickly.

Set reasonable goals, and then go for it! As you reach those goals, set new challenges for yourself. I think that's been one of my favorite things about this whole process over the past few years - overcoming the challenges, and reaching higher every time! I've been amazed at what I've been able to do and the things I've achieved. I used to look at some workouts and think, "I can't do that, I'm too old/out of shape/broke or whatever. You can do anything you put your mind to.

B)
  • lori_malo
    lori_malo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Soon your new mantra will be "fit, fab, and forty."
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Funny how tomorrow never gets here, start today.
  • Jim_G30
    Jim_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Funny how tomorrow never gets here, start today.

Yip, no time like the present to get under starters orders - GO!