Getting passed the hunger

Options
So I work late shifts at work from 9-3 and I always start to get hungry around 12/1 but I know it's not a good idea to eat that late. I try to eat a bigger/more filling dinner when I have to work but I still get hungry and then it is also harder for me to sleep because I'm hungry. Any suggestions on how to get passed the hunger???

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Eat.

There's nothing wrong with eating at that hour. Eat a small snack so you don't go to bed hungry. I save a portion of my calories specifically for this purpose.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    The only time that is bad to eat is when your asleep.

It's dangerous, to cook up food and eat it while asleep. Could cause a fire or trip over and cut your hand.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. If you are hungry- eat lower glycemic foods. That way it doesn't all hit you at once. Hope this helps :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Eat. Don't listen to the nonsense about not eating after a certain time. Unless it affects your sleep - but in your case it sounds like the opposite, not eating is affecting your sleep. So eat. Don't punish your body because of some myth about food timing. :)
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone , of your hungry eat. When I make a meal I split it in two , put half in and lunch box and bring it with me to have later . it's really helped me stay full and stay on track with my healthy eating
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories, munch on some peanuts. A few go along way to staving off the hunger. As others have said, EAT. I am a muncher, so I pack my lunch with the allowed calories that allows me to munch. When it is gone, it is gone. LOL! But, I know that a sliced apple, sliced cucumber, grapefruit, boiled egg, and a few measured peanuts when spaced will satisfy my urge to munch and not do any damage because it fits into my calories.
  • patches212
    patches212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love to munch and that's the hardest part of calorie restriction for me.
    So to save myself a binge I am always sure to take meals that can be broken up into smaller nibbly parts so that I can eat all throughout my day, that way I'm not snickers-starving at the end of the day.

Sometimes if I feel like I think I'm hungry I have a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. Sometimes I'm still hungry, sometimes not.

Maybe the ideas will help you. Just remember to be kind to yourself and work with what your body and personal preferences are telling you.
  • Y_U_NO_SKINNY
    Y_U_NO_SKINNY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    kdubz14 wrote: »
    So I work late shifts at work from 9-3 and I always start to get hungry around 12/1 but I know it's not a good idea to eat that late. I try to eat a bigger/more filling dinner when I have to work but I still get hungry and then it is also harder for me to sleep because I'm hungry. Any suggestions on how to get passed the hunger???

Hot tea with stevia.
    Try "sleepy time" tea, or one meant for bed time. The hot liquid fills your stomach, and the tea will relax you.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    kdubz14 wrote: »

How do you *know* this?

HINT: What you think you know is wrong.

• Editme12
    Editme12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I work at a pizza place so have a hard time eating meals at proper times. One thing that helps me a lot is chugging some water. Like others have posted, bring a little something to munch on. That plus water will go a long way too curbing the hunger.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Is the problem that you don't want to eat on days you are working? Or that eating those days makes it harder to sleep without a late night meal days that you are off?