My New Scale is Evil

Options
I bought a new scale this week because my old one was wacky and couldn't seem to give me a consistent number - it would give me 5 different readings with 5 to 15 pound difference between them.

Enter new scale…HOLY COW! It reads me as 10 pounds heavier than my old scale. TEN POUNDS? I feel like I'm back at square one.

On the plus side, I have lost inches, so that has to count for something :)

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Try to forget your old scale number and just restart on the new. You've lost inches..so you've made progress and that's all that matters.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Do they still have the little wheel at the bottom that let's you re-calibrate it 10 pounds lower, or am I stuck in the 80s? I'd so do that just for my mental health.
  • slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ha ha dontjinxit - they are both digital
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Oh boy do I know how you feel! In my instance I just learned last week because I'm a shorty, all this time I've been overestimating calories burned by walking! Instead of 2000 steps per mile, my stride is 2514..... Which means instead of hitting 10,000 steps my daily total has to be over 17,000 :s. Knowledge is power, but sometimes I really don't like the wake up calls we get thrown <3
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    slovie64 wrote: »
    ha ha dontjinxit - they are both digital

Find the -10 button then ;)
  • slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @Sandcastles61 - I'm just happy than rather than sulk and succumb I got pissed and worked harder. It may be a while before I get to post a weight lost status, but it will come!
  • jodes023
    jodes023 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ya, I bought a new scale too and didn't love the 'reading' so now have 2 scales side by side and step on both in the morning and pick a weight in between :smile: Just the act of doing that every morning is bound to burn a few cals!...if not brain cells! Ha.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    We ended up replacing our scale with the same make and model, so that wasn't an issue. Always sucks to go the doctor, who's scale is about 5-7 lbs above mine. When I realized that, I stopped worrying about that scale and just focus on the one I'm using! XD
  • smoochy65
    smoochy65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree that your scale is evil! I admire your resiliency in resetting to the evil scale's number! This is such a hard process and having technical set backs is just awful!