Fitbit users

Options
How do you like it? How well does it work with MFP? Pros? Cons? Tips?

Replies

• jmoorman83
    jmoorman83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love my flex. I log my food here and let fitbit do the activity.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for accuracy I don't recommend them.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have a One and I find the app and graphs very motivating to get off my **** and out the door. And this post is my excuse to brag that yesterday I tabulated my calories burned according to Fitbit and calories consumed according to logging on MFP over 14 weeks. In that period I lost 10 pounds and my caloric deficit was 35,608 calories. No lie. That is crazily close to theoretical. I'm not even the most rigorous logger--I enter everything, but I will eyeball stuff and estimate restaurant meals and I take package weights at face value. Maybe we both (me and Fitbit) overestimate or both underestimate, but I do not care. I feel very comfortable in eating back all of the exercise calories that Fitbit gives when it syncs with MFP.
    I do find that the sync from Fitbit to MFP can be slow at times.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and mine is pretty accurate.

I have worn a heart rate monitor while I have worn my flex and the flex exercise calories burned for my runs is nearly identical to the hrm.
  • xcaranicolex
    xcaranicolex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i like mine in terms of giving me an idea of how active ive been that day vs how much i feel like i do. quite often if i have a busy day at work i assume that i have been moving a ton, when in actuality it may just be a stressful day and i havent actually been physically active at all. that said, mine hasnt synched to mfp, so, i cant speak to that. i dont know why but i cant seem to make it work.
  • katie32308
    katie32308 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the input. Really thinking of getting one.
  • dserious111
    dserious111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A great tandem once you pair them correctly towards your goals. Once you sync them together, they'll adjust your days remaining intake available based on your day's activity level. So your remaining calories may go up or down throughout the day
  • BonnieDoneGood
    BonnieDoneGood Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's a great motivational tool for me. I check my activity level and steps throughout the day. Mine linked up with MFP just fine and I log in daily. It also seems accurate. I have the Fitbit One which is convenient and can be used discreetly.