I love food!

Options
david83ec
david83ec Posts: 39 Member
hi everyone, this is my first post.
Im starting a new way of living life, first eat what my body need not an over sized dinner or lunch. But I have a problem I love food, I know many people eat because of different and strong issues (whom I understand and respect) but I eat because I enjoy all the food flavors, I admire how a chef can turn a red cold piece of meat in an awesome dish.

So my question is, is there anybody with a problem like mine? If there is please give me some tips to handle this situations.

Thanks!

Replies

• SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love food too ...I'm a foodie !
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    I love food and can seriously down a ton despite my size (READ: 3.25lbs of food in one sitting and still could've eaten more).
    The best advice is find a way to fit in the foods you love into your daily limits. So maybe 1 pop tart instead of 2. 1/4 cup Ben&Jerrys instead of 1/2, or the full pint. Sugar free chocolate syrups. Make my favorite dish, but split it over 3 days. Now, instead of 1 massive serving of my favorite food in one day, I get to enjoy it for three days.

Stuff like that. The big changes make life tough, the small changes make life doable and the goal more attainable.
  • laromeo
    laromeo Posts: 14
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself, just plan! Portion control and planning are your best weapons. I've eaten out in fabulous restaurants, had wonderful meals and still lost weight because I planned well! Depriving just leads to overeating and bad choices, plan! It's my new mantra....
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* guilty here. I love food, I'm not an emotional eater...I could eat when I'm happy, sad, mad or even sick.
    Still trying to figure out balance in my life with food. Just wanted to jump in and let you know that your not alone!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I love food as well! While I'm not big into gormet stuff (too poor for that stuff!) I love sweets more than any normal person should. Everything can be enjoyed in moderation, log things before you eat them to see if you can actually "afford" the calories. If going out to a nice restaurant, try picking a leaner cut of meat, order a vegetale side like steamed broccoli over potatoes, or maybe get a half portion. It may sound silly, but the less of something you eat, the more you will enjoy it!
  • david83ec
    david83ec Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and support, Its a wonderfull feeling that i´m not the only one, I will control my food portions and choose healthier options.

My best wishes for all of you!