New Here..and Gluten Free!!

Options
Just wanted to say "HI!". Just recently joined and I am very excited about being here! I am Gluten Free and my goal is to have a healthy lifestyle....eating and excerising!!! It seems like all the "easy foods" that I can have are nothing but "junk food". If anyone else is dealing with a Gluten free diet and has any advice, please let me know! :)

Replies

• heavenrain
    heavenrain Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am Gluten Free. My doctor put me on this doet to help with my Fibromylagia.
  • twins372
    twins372 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I will say I understand what you are going through because I was misdiagnosed for 3 years as a celiac. It was hard but I managed to maintain a healthy eating habit and I was excellent at grocery shopping and going out to eat. For snacks throughout the day, I did carrots, celery with peanut butter, grapes, cheese, cottage cheese, gluten free pretzels (sparingly), yogurt, and sometimes rice crackers with a bit of cheese. What are you looking for "easy foods" for? Breakfast, snacks, lunch, etc? I can help you better if you let me know exactly what you are looking for.

Robin
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    Hey there, welcome. I don't have any issue with gluten or anything but if you want some GRRREAT gluten free snacks for when you're ready to munch check out www.bettylousinc.com. I discovered them last year and finally got a chance to order after my diet ended and those gluten free cookies were AMAZING!
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    I'm also gluten-free and have been very successful at losing the weight and keeping it off when I behave myself. There is also a gluten-free group on board here; join them and you'll learn alot. I stick to the program of fruit and veggies. I also do almond butter on rice crackers, tuna fish with pickles and rice sesame seed crackers for lunches.