am i not burning calories?

Options
I jogg every morning and and I don't sweat it worries me does that mean I don't burn any salaries ? I jog about 7 kilomiters very early in the morning

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sweating has very little, if anything, to do with calorie burns.
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    you're burning calories. Every day no matter what you do, you're burning calories. Just because you don't sweat does not mean you're not burning any. If you're not sweating during your jog, could just simply mean that you're used to it, that your heart rate isn't in over drive and it's pretty light on you, that's all. But even if you were to walk the 7 kilometers, you would still burn something.
  • Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?
    When you sleep you burn calories
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that teaches spin classes and never sweats. She is in terrific shape and her classes are unbelievably gruesome.
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you people for your positive responses I appreciate it
  • shelleyphant
    shelleyphant Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the comments on here. :) I'm not a sweater either. I looked at people in the gym wiping down the machines and me being fine and thought I wasn't working hard enough!
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the comments on here. :) I'm not a sweater either. I looked at people in the gym wiping down the machines and me being fine and thought I wasn't working hard enough!

:) doesn't it bother you?
  • shelleyphant
    shelleyphant Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It did at first. I could see from my heart rate monitor that I was burning calories though. I only sweat when I get above 140bpm and then its just sweaty hair and not the dripping with sweat and wiping the machines down type
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    It's about 350-400 calories.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a hog, so I wipe down equipment, and move on. Some people don’t sweat as much, even at high intensity. So, the question is, when you’re jogging, what is your perceived intensity level (1 - 10).

You are burning calories, it takes energy to move a body (mass) a given distance. You can increase the calories burned two ways: 1) increase speed/intensity, thereby jogging/running further, and/or 2) add mass (not advised).
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posts on here. Some people just aren't sweaters... I sweat like crazy when I workout and always have, even when I was in excellent shape. My 18 year old nephew is a runner and never sweats a drop. People are just different... You're burning calories though, that's for sure.