Giving up half a stone for lent :D

Options
pickleRH83
pickleRH83 Posts: 33 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I realised that every year I give up one silly thing but for once I might make the next 40 days about making conscious decisions to be healthy and fit and to look after myself properly which I think is way more beneficial than my usual pledge of just giving up diet coke or drinking tea :smiley:

Anyone else fancy pledging to a 40 day challenge?

I think even if I can aim for a healthy lb a week loss that would still be half a stone by the time Easter and all its chocolatey goodness came round!!

Becky x

Replies

• laizeohbeets
    Options
    I'm cutting out added sugar for Lent. It's going to be difficult for me, but I've already cut out sodas and still gained weight, so...
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am cutting out crisps, chocolate, biscuit, sweets and desserts etc. I am making an exception for chocolate hobnobs and cake... as I rarely eat them anyway and having them as a safety net means I am more likely to succeed and not go on a major binge!
  • salemxo
    Options
    I'm cutting out pizza, chocolate, biscuits and alcohol because these are my "trigger" foods.
  • pickleRH83
    pickleRH83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yeah sugar is a big one for me, I know I really need to cut back. I've stopped drinking cups of tea because I prefer to have sugar in it, have stocked up on peppermint tea instead! I don't plan on doing anything drastic just being more conscious of my food choices and trying to get my bum down to the gym more!
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up 'eating for the sake of it', last night I went way over on my calories due to pancakes, then went and ate a 'Egg n Spoon' thing that wasn't even nice. I'm going to wait 15 minutes, and if I still want it I'll have it... but I think my guilty conscience would have taken over and controlled my cravings by this point!