Stability Balls

Options
So I picked up one of these toys the other day to start doing my physical therapy again (damaged ACLs in both knees several years ago), and it's a ton of fun to play with. So I'd like to start using it in more ways... plus I live in the freakin tundra (Wisconsin) and I like not always leaving the house to exercise... but what do I do with the damn thing? I've Googled and I mostly turn up fluff articles with little explanation of the moves or insight on how they help. Any suggested exercises/routines/links from the MFP community?

Bonus question: how much give should these things have? I'm worried about over-inflating it and killing my new bouncy friend.

I should also mention I am currently rocking a broken hand, so anything that doesn't focus on using the hands would be particularly awesome for the next couple weeks. :)

Replies

• munkeybites
    munkeybites Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Theres an app called skimble, they have plenty of workouts on there that you can do with a gym ball. Ive tried a couple, and uou can certainly feel them working. Good luck!
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'll check it out, thanks!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    There are several workouts on You Tube. Search Stability ball or yoga ball workouts.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I didn't think of YouTube. Derp. /thread