How often do you eat?

Options
Hello everyone!
So my question is how often do you eat? Is it okay to eat every 4 hours, and is that enough for a protein to digest? I thought about having my meals at 8am(fruit), 12pm(some kind of protein), 4pm(almonds, nuts etc.), and 8pm(again some protein). Would this be fine, and if not, give me some of your examples, or correct mine. Thank you! :)

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It doesnt matter at all when you eat, or even what your eating at those times, although I find that protein keeps me fuller longer. As long as you eating at the correct calorie deficit, eat when ever you want. I work graveyards half the week, and my meal times are all over the place lol.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am hungry. Timing of meals does not matter.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Your plan is perfectly fine. You can modify it as you go. There are as many ways to time meals as there are people here. I eat twice a day: once when I get home from work and then later a little before bed.
  • NonaEv
    NonaEv Posts: 20
    Options
    Okay, thank you a lot everyone! :)
  • whatyouwill
    whatyouwill Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Your plan is perfectly fine. You can modify it as you go. There are as many ways to time meals as there are people here. I eat twice a day: once when I get home from work and then later a little before bed.

You don't eat at all between waking up and getting home from work? I couldn't do that
  • NonaEv
    Options
    If that works for her than why not. As for me, I couldn't do that neither. :/
  • takumar
    takumar Posts: 42
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Breakfast and late lunch each day.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Not often, but that's just the way my routine has worked out.
    I'm not a breakfast-er and I start work at 7am, So my first meal is 11am, a small lunch usually 200-400 calories. Then I might have a snack when I get home from work about 4pm, unless I go running in which case the snack will wait till after, or I'll just have an early dinner about 5pm. Dinner will be huge, 900-1000calories, then I'll have a 'snuggle snack' either in bed with a book, or just before bed and that'll be the rest of my calories.
    Rinse and repeat.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I also eat when I'm hungry- though I try to push it to later times so breakfast around 10am-12pm and then later meals as a result, since I tend to have late night and want to eat my arm about 11pm if I eat dinner at 5pm.
    Whatever works for you in a calorie deficit. I have a MFP who eats between 1pm-5pm and squashes all her calories in then so she can have a big meal and doesn't feel deprived, and she has lost 125lb!
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I eat at 8:00, 10:00, 11:15, 2:00 and 7:00
  • Foxgym
    Foxgym Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    6:30am(ish) 11am(ish) 2pm 7pm(ish) 5 days of the week (approx 2200 calories).
    2pm(ish) 7pm(ish) for 2 days of the week (600 calories).
    Exercise every day Kung Fu and P90.
  • NonaEv
    Options
    Wow, a lot of different people indeed. :D
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    on work days i have
    breakfast 730 am
    lunch 1230
    dinner either 530 or 730 depending on whether i go to the gym or kick boxing that day.
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time! By the end of the day, my snack list is larger than any single meal! I workout often, so my body is constantly asking for fuel!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Generally noon &6-7 pm. Maybe an additional snack before bed.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do IF in which I eat at 6/18 schedule. I "break fast" at 12:00 and stop eating around 6:00 p.m. Eat 6 hours and fast 18 hours.. Works well for me so that I am not eating all day.

I am one of those if I eat an early breakfast no matter how nutritious it is, I want to eat the entire day..
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No schedule here, although having one might be better for me. Have to think on that.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat at least something every 3 hrs due to my heartburn being out of control. This keeps it at bay.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Work days I normally eat breakfast between 7:30-8:30, lunch between 11:30-1pm, snack about 3-4pm, dinner at 6:30, snack at 9:30pm. Personally I like eating every few hours, and I can suffer with low blood sugar if I go too long without something.

Weekends all bets are off. I'm more active though, and I still stick to my calorie goal, I just might have a gigantic meal at 4pm and nothing else til the following day.
  • holliesangel
    holliesangel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually skip breakfast unless I wake up particularly hungry or, like recently, my sinuses have been draining and it make me nauseous on an empty stomach. Lunch is between 11:30 and 12:30 before work and dinner when I get home about 7pm. I might throw an occasional snack in there and I make a point not to eat after dinner.