Need to vent: Tired of comments

Options
Sorry, been through this before, as others have...I just need to vent. So far today I have heard that I need to eat more, I need to stop running (since that is the obvious cause of the weight loss) and I'm beginning to look sickly. Given, 2 of the three comments came from people who have the tendency to find the dark cloud in a silver lining, it still annoys the fire out of me!

I eat plenty each day, I just try to eat the right stuff which actually allows me to eat more, plus exercising...yeah, more food. I'm not running just t lose weight anymore, I'm running because I have become an addict! I ran my first 5 miler this past weekend and couldn't wait to find my first 10K...this is a healthy addiction! And as for the looking sickly...I'm the healthiest I have been in my entire life! But then again, that comment came from a woman who seems to be ungrateful that her husband survived a stroke, but I digress.

Not a good day or past week I suppose. First losing my wedding band due to needing to get it resized (still not found), having to pack up and move, and also having my bike stolen on top of all of this is wearing me down.
This is why I'm so THANKFUL for a place like MFP! You guys get it! Thank you!

Replies

• kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    don't let them get to you! Do what's best for you not them..things will get better. Just stay positive...Good Luck!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the new healthy lifestyle!

Best to take those comments at much less than face value. We all know where they usually come from and the kind of person from whom they originate. Keep doing what you're doing!

I hope things get better. I've been in a bad place myself (deaths, stress, blah blah), lately, and I'm slowly coming out of it. Maybe in the packing and moving you'll find that ring?
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    hard work is the best comment. no one knows what is best for you except for you. good luck
  • southernbelle0364
    southernbelle0364 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    geez that's a hurtful comment to tell you that you look sickly! From your pic I think you look great and not "sickly" at all!! They're just jealous so take it as a compliment!!! :)
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Well here's a big hug here from Gramma Viki! Just brush away the comments like they're a gnat or fly and remind yourself that you are doing this for you and your family so you can stay healthy and be around for them for a long time. It sounds like you're doing terrific so keep up the good work. Be proud and happy with yourself!

Things will get better with the other things in your life. I go thru many slumps too and my daughter always reminds me what I tell her that it will pass. Besides, when something goes away......there's always something better on the way!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    not the only one with a bad week..

so far my car's transmission is trashed
    my 300 dollar craftsman POS lawn mower went out..for the SECOND time in the middle of mowing
    have relatives flying in, with no car to pick them up
    almost killed my cat this morning

my stress level is sky high..i havent even hit the gym in a week
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Don't let them get you down! You are doing great things for yourself and your loved ones who will get to have you in their lives for longer! I need to get my wedding ring sized down too, when my fingers aren't swollen up it rubs and almost falls off! SUCH a good feeling though!

Haters gonna hate!

haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Hang in there and try and surround yourself with more supportive and encouraging people! I've had some pretty negative people in my life during my weight loss journey and there are times when you have to distance yourself from them for your good. That is ok. God brings new people into our lives when we need them! Chin up! you're doing great!!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - my brother tells me I'm looking anorexic when I know I still have 10 lbs to loose for my ideal weight! But then, he's a self-described "chubby chaser" and likes his wife 100 lbs overweight. So, I say, consider the source.
    Sadly, misery loves company. Too many people feel their own weight issues around someone who has decided to make healthy choices, and they try to make themselves feel better by complaining about how we look "skinny" "sickly" or "unhealthy"

Kudos to you for finding a positive community to get the support you need! Keep up the good work ... and set your sights high. After 10k ... half-marathon? :D
  • GoingMedium
    GoingMedium Posts: 28
    Options
    Man you look awesome! Keep up the good work and try not to let the negative comments get to you. You've come SO far to let stuff like that get to you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    sheesh! people suck sometimes! that said, I was SO worried you were going to say you were tired of MFPer's comments! Ha ha! Keep up the great work!
  • anthonybc
    anthonybc Posts: 13
    Options
    I totally get it! I have been hearing people tell me to stop running so much. This is from people who never work out! When you feel great before and after a workout it really shouldn't matter if you get a little excessive occasionally. It is a healthy addition (at least that's what I think) and as long as you have proper nutrition and allow time for your body to repair itself I think you should be fine. Its a journey that some don't understand. Only you can really say when it is too much (although if you consistently hear this from people then you may need to rethink what you are doing, but it seems like you are on the right track).

As far as all the other things going on in your life. Sometimes there are obstacles and it sucks. I hope the best for you.
  • mommyof3nnewjersey
    Options
    Dont worry about people who cant understand that sometimes when they open their mouths all they do is catch flies... Keep going FOR YOU! Good Luck ! :)
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. don't let the bad comments get to you. you are doing great!
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth...you look fantastic!!! I agree with everyone else who has posted a comment to you here...don't listen to the negative. Do what you want for yourself and no one else. Remember how The Lord suffered and all those negative comments will just fade away. :flowerforyou:
  • dthompson17
    dthompson17 Posts: 24
    Options
    Keep your head held high and keep chugging! I keep reminding myself that I am doing this for me. When I am happy with myself, that is when I will be done. Not because someone has something crazy to say to me.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I totally hope your week gets better... but I think you're awesome for running and for taking care of yourself!!! Once people get used to seeing you thinner, hopefully they'll just get used to it and forget about the old chubby you!

Keep up the good work.. it's worth it!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sorry your having a difficult time for something that's positive. But remember, you can't make everyone happy and I bet these same people would be commenting if you hadn't done anything about your health and were still overweight. So kill them with kindness by saying "thanks for your concern" then just ignore them.

Wouldn't life be great if there were "mute" buttons for some people? :laugh:
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just ignore it and keep doing what you're doing! You are doing great!
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You look great and are doing amazing. Please don't let them discourage you from your goals.
    I'm glad you did this post because I was going to do a vent session of my own today, one of the women at work informed me that I look like i'm wasting away, I took it as a compliment then she continued saying that I must be starving myself because it's just not right. REALLY NOW?? Techinically i'm still considered overweight, at 5'2 and 154lbs. I run and walk a lot, exercise and and eat healthy. I too am the healthest i've been in a very long time since high school actually. (Which was a long time ago, lol)

It is very fusterating to not receive support from those around us. But as long as you believe in yourself that's all that matters.