Any vegans or vegetarians?

Options
Hi,
Well I'm a new vegetarian converting to veganism, and I would love some people to help me on this journey or share some recipes or facts! Since I'm new to this lifestyle I would love to get some help so I meet all my nutrition requirements for the ones we often lack! I also am a fitness expert and would love to help anyone needing workout advice/tips/motivation!

Replies

• sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I am newly vegetarian but trying to eat mostly vegan based diet. I have gone vegan before so I'm familiar with a lot of recipes. The biggest issue I am running into is recipes that are high on protein as I am also starting to lift weights and need a super high protein diet to build muscle.
  • pastrystar093
    pastrystar093 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie going vegan too, add me!
  • seamlessdream
    seamlessdream Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 8 years before going vegan. Been vegan for about 6 months now, but it took me around 6 months before that to "transition." What really changed the game for me was accepting that my veganism didn't have to be perfect! At first when I messed up, I'd beat myself up and then binge on non-vegan food the rest of the day. Then I saw an excellent vegan speaker and he said that if you feel like there's one thing you can't quit, that's ok, just go vegan except for that! So for a long time, I was an "eat at home" vegan who ate whatever when I went out. The small, gradual steps that followed made this realistic for me and now I'm fully vegan and so happy and full of life!!

Feel free to add me. I would love to be a resource for anyone and help you out!
  • maryannecsmart
    Options
    Hey! Me too feel free to add me :) I'm on a no fat no oil vegan diet, I love it. I would love to share my experience with you guys as I have been wondering if the low calorie diet is a bit different for vegans? Especially if you're not eating any oil or fat.

• sistahyam
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm on a low sugar, no fat, no oil vegan diet so add me too. Been doing low sugar for 18 weeks and vegan for 4 weeks.