sudden onset of 'acne'! please help!

Options
gymbunny1_xo
gymbunny1_xo Posts: 15 Member
I dont really know where I should be posting this but anyways hopeing someone can help me somehow :)... About 5 weeks ago I woke up with a brake out on my forehead, side of mouth and a small bit on my chin (was very strange as iv normally had VERY clear skin! I also had stopped wearing make up and given up all soda and started drinking loads of water so if anything I taught my skin would be even clearer not start to brake out!) anyways about a week passed and it was not going away looked like it was gettin worse to be honest,, I went chemist and they said it was acne and had congested pores so the gave me benzoyl proxzide (5% acnecide gel) la Roche posay cleanser milk yokey and a mask for congested skin but it just keeps seeming to be getting rose! It's like a raised rash with dots of spots inside it!(yuck I know) now my skin is gone VERY dry from the benzoyl proxide!! Any suggestions why I have had this sudden brake out I dident change my skin care routine befor or anything like that! I use to even drink up to 3 cans a coke a day and I stopped all soda nearly over 4 months ago!!(when I was drinking it i always had clear skin!)
Any suggestions to get rid off it? Or some sort of diet to try out? I Really don't know what answer I am loooking for someone please help I have never had any sort of brakeouts like this befor and since I gave up soda And haven't wore make up in ages I really am confused :'( X

Replies

• pest3147
    pest3147 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Put toothpaste on just the spot and red skin and leave it over night.

It takes the heat out to reduce swelling and redness.

P'S it might burn for first few minutes
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You're 18 years old? Could be hormones. I had clear skin until age 21 then mild acne until late 20's. 1. Do you wash your face immediately after working out/sweating? 2. Ask for something with Retinol in it (one brand is Duac) it helps slough off the dead skin cells. 3. Don't over wash and use plenty of moisturizer that is oil free. Good luck!
  • barry1992
    barry1992 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Does not sound like acne to me. Sounds more like eczema type thing. Youre aggravating it
    maybe. Go to your GP
  • dodojodie
    dodojodie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It might also be a hormone problem maybe do a
    Blood test with your doctor . Otherwise wipe your skin with some vodka sounds strange but it actually dries out the problem areas pretty well.
  • gymbunny1_xo
    Options
    Becka4prez wrote: »
    You're 18 years old? Could be hormones. I had clear skin until age 21 then mild acne until late 20's. 1. Do you wash your face immediately after working out/sweating? 2. Ask for something with Retinol in it (one brand is Duac) it helps slough off the dead skin cells. 3. Don't over wash and use plenty of moisturizer that is oil free. Good luck!

• gymbunny1_xo
    Options
    Yes always:).. Thank you!, I'll try that..