Eggs cause anyone bad gas?

Options
SheEagle
SheEagle Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey just going to be upfront and honest. I've recently gotten into muscle building. I've been eating gluten free and mostly paleo/low carb for about a year. My gas problems have not subsided yet...Im wondering if I could be egg intolerant. Has anyone else suffered from chronic gas after eating eggs? I had started eating more of them to get in more protein. In the mornings, I make my protein shake with egg white protein powder and throw a raw egg in there as well. By the time lunch rolls around, I begin to feel bloated. I am passing all the gas by dinner time well into the night. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It might be the other ingredients in the powder. Try a three or four days without the powder.
  • SheEagle
    SheEagle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was having gas issues before the powder. I just mentioned it because its another source of egg in my diet.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have eggs every now and then throughout the week. I don't have any problem with gas afterwards. But, I only add like 1/8 cup of milk to my eggs (and scramble them).
  • FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If I eat them scrambled or in an omelette, no. But if I eat them hard boiled...yes. The dogs get blamed a lot at my house. :blush: