Mini motivators!!

Options
Does anyone have any little motivators??
I have a size 14 (UK) pair of jeans hanging on my wardrobe so I see them everyday when I wake up. I'm currently a 16. I want to get back down to a 12 but if I put 12's up I actually find it demotivates me because it reminds me of how far I've got to go if that makes sense?
i also have a pic of me at 10 stone (140lbs) on the fridge. Am currently 14st 8lbs (204lbs) I think these little things really help x

Replies

• Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Underwear, haha. I can tell by how my underwear is fitting, and that I'm making progress, even if it is slow. I also took before pictures and will look at them periodically if I feel like nothing is changing. I also like the feeling of being sore after a hard workout (maybe I'm a bit weird hah), so the DOMS is encouraging for me.
  • katesback15
    Options
    Haha, I know exactly what you mean about the underwear! And yes that sore feeling makes me feel like I've done some work so is uplifting xx

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    UK size 14 is US size 10, is that right?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I had a dress, I loved, that I wore for my 40th birthday. It was hung on the wall in the bedroom, so I saw it as soon as I woke up, the whole of my 59th year as inspiration. I wore it for my 60th birthday; it fitted better than when I was 40, woohoo!

tlugqfi0eb0p.jpg
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have bought Au size 6 -( US ? 2) Rockabilly wiggle skirts which are expensive and gorgeous- but I cannot put on ANY weight and get away with wearing them how I like it. Kitten D'Amour brand.
  • katesback15
    Options
    I'm not sure about the conversions :smiley: Great motivators xx
  • katesback15
    Options
    Well done on the dress! You look amazing xx
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I kind of use my pants and my belt as mini-motivators. It's nice to see pants that were once snug become more loose and having to use a new notch on a belt. :)
  • Clehnertz
    Options
    I have this killer blue and white dress that I look at every morning! I just reached my previous motivator of jeans. I tried a container of lbs to lose and lbs lost and I found it demotivating because I felt like I had so much to go.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Totally understand the underwear thing. I'm still struggling with my jeans and they are a bit tight in the thighs (muscle gains?), BUT some of my workout crops I've noticed fit a lot better and one pair is getting loose in the rear. Woot!! Also wore a dress for Vday dinner and it looked better on me now than it did when I bought it 10lbs lighter.
    Middlehaitch - amazing job with the dress!
  • katesback15
    Options
    I did the container thing with cocktail sticks before and failed miserably haha. So depressing to see sooo many sticks in the lbs to loose box!
    Well done on the dress sunflowercat74! X
  • monikakealy
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as the feeling of fitting into those jeans. :)
  • Clehnertz
    Options
    Sunflowercat- great job with the workout crops!