girl scout cookies any cave yet?

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    lolee817 wrote: »
    Hubs didnt tell me he ordered some lol 10 boxes to be exact... I caved and had some somoas yesterday

If we had some, I would probably eat a few just the same as if we had any store bought cookies. They aren't that awesome and I've never understood why people act like girl scout cookies are some unresistable rare drug.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about chocolate or a lot of things that other people love and I don't care for. Chocolate is okay, a couple times a year I really really really want it, but normally I can do without. I love Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. I have no apologies for that. :neutral_face: lol
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had 2 savannah smiles a couple of days ago. delish. A far cry from the box I would have eaten a month ago.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I ordered 12 boxes of Thin Mints. Yes, I did. I figured out the calories per box. An entire box is only about 1,200 calories...therefore a tube is about 600 calories give or take (will figure it out exactly when the time comes) I gave two boxes to each of the kids and to the hubby - that gets rid of 8. Leaves 4 for me. I will be putting them in the freezer. And pulling them out,, one tube at a time, every so often, when I want a treat while watching a good chick flick or reading a book. 4 boxes = 8 tubes. If I use this as a 1x month special treat, I can make them last a long long time, and it won't really affect my long term goals at all. Yummo!

I like you.

So there are actually calorie/macro differences between the 2 bakeries on some of the cookies.
    I don't have all of the numbers but Thin Mints, Samoas/Caramel Delights, Tagalongs/Peanut Butter Patties, Trefoils/Shortbread, Do-si-dos/idr the other name, do have differences between the two bakeries. Calories, macros, and even serving sizes.

A few of the cookies are even vegan if you order from ABC Bakers. The other bakery is Little Brownie Bakery.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I ate a whole box of Samoas on Saturday, it was delicious.
    I love how you just OWN it lol.

Why wouldn't I own it? :) I love Samoas, I bought a box. The calories are the same whether I eat them all at once or spread them out over a few days. I opted to have them all at once, now I'm done with Girl Scout cookies. I'm a troop leader and I have over a dozen cases of cookies sitting in my garage in plain reach (seriously, I wouldn't even have to put on pants to get them), I'm not going to be ashamed about enjoying my one box of Samoas for the season.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    I ordered 12 boxes of Thin Mints. Yes, I did. I figured out the calories per box. An entire box is only about 1,200 calories...therefore a tube is about 600 calories give or take (will figure it out exactly when the time comes) I gave two boxes to each of the kids and to the hubby - that gets rid of 8. Leaves 4 for me. I will be putting them in the freezer. And pulling them out,, one tube at a time, every so often, when I want a treat while watching a good chick flick or reading a book. 4 boxes = 8 tubes. If I use this as a 1x month special treat, I can make them last a long long time, and it won't really affect my long term goals at all. Yummo!

I like you.

So there are actually calorie/macro differences between the 2 bakeries on some of the cookies.
    I don't have all of the numbers but Thin Mints, Samoas/Caramel Delights, Tagalongs/Peanut Butter Patties, Trefoils/Shortbread, Do-si-dos/idr the other name, do have differences between the two bakeries. Calories, macros, and even serving sizes.

A few of the cookies are even vegan if you order from ABC Bakers. The other bakery is Little Brownie Bakery.

:)

I didn't realize the macros are different from different bakeries. I know some of the serving sizes are different since the thin mints are thinner cookies than the tag alongs and other cookies....I did note that the Thin Mints are VEGAN and it gave me a chuckle. LOL

• lishie_rebooted
    Options

I like you.

:)

I didn't realize the macros are different from different bakeries. I know some of the serving sizes are different since the thin mints are thinner cookies than the tag alongs and other cookies....I did note that the Thin Mints are VEGAN and it gave me a chuckle. LOL

It's not difficult to make them vegan.
    Vegetable shortening instead of butter.

I'm saying macros/serving sizes between the same cookie - ie Samoas vs Caramel Delights. not Thin Mints vs Samoas.
  • lolee817
    lolee817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow maybe i will have a couple more , lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had an 'incident' with those two weeks ago. Ate a whole sleeve of the samoas and shortbread ones in 20 minutes. The thanks a lot are my favorites though.. the 5 boxes I got from a friend lasted a week.

And I know that some people say that they are made by Keebler and you can find the same stuff in stores with the Keebler brand... but nope. The ones I tried were nowhere as good as the Girl Scout cookie ones.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    We bought some thin mints and samoas. So far they have survived since Saturday, so I am pretty happy with that! Making it work into my calories!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    lolee817 wrote: »
    Hubs didnt tell me he ordered some lol 10 boxes to be exact... I caved and had some somoas yesterday

I ate a whole package of the new red velvet Oreos within two days. Hit a new deadlift pr on the second day.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I had an 'incident' with those two weeks ago. Ate a whole sleeve of the samoas and shortbread ones in 20 minutes. The thanks a lot are my favorites though.. the 5 boxes I got from a friend lasted a week.

And I know that some people say that they are made by Keebler and you can find the same stuff in stores with the Keebler brand... but nope. The ones I tried were nowhere as good as the Girl Scout cookie ones.

The Keebler Grasshopper Cookies are almost identical to the Thin Mints in my opinion. Don't know about the other cookies as I'm not a huge cookie fan anyway - I generally stick to Thin Mints / Grasshoppers, Oreo (double stuff, of course), and the occasional almond-flavored cookie...

• elleykat
    elleykat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm buying a box of Trefoils/shortbread (my favorite!) and will find a way to fit them in moderation into my low carb, no sugar diet. Maybe like 2 cookies once a week as a reward for getting in my 3 strength training sessions or something. Is it bad to use cookies as a reward? Haha.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I got a box of trefoils (shortbread) because they looked like the best option. But I also had some Samoas because my friend was giving hers away for free....and who could say no to free cookies?!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I had a couple samoas yesterday...I simply fit them into my calories for the day, not a big deal.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My coworker who I share an office with, will be bringing them to work everyday until sales are over. I've bought 3 boxes with the intent to buy more. They're a tasty once a year treat that I quite enjoy. I also bought 2 packages of Red Velvet Oreos this morning, so while the cookies are plentiful, it's not a temptation for me.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    my best friend's daughter is selling...but thankfully doesn't live close. i bought three boxes and brought them to work. naturally, i still ate some, but stayed within my calorie goals.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I never really liked any of the Girl Scout cookies except for the Thin Mints. I have celiac disease now. I know they came out with two gluten free cookies this year, but since I only liked that one flavor, I'm not too hopeful that I'd like those offerings. If they'd made a GF Thin Mint? I'd be alllllll over it.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    I never really liked any of the Girl Scout cookies except for the Thin Mints. I have celiac disease now. I know they came out with two gluten free cookies this year, but since I only liked that one flavor, I'm not too hopeful that I'd like those offerings. If they'd made a GF Thin Mint? I'd be alllllll over it.

Didn't I give you the link to the GF Thin Mint on Lauren's status? lol
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Didn't I give you the link to the GF Thin Mint on Lauren's status? lol

You certainly did! I have to be unlazy to make those though.