Need motivation & accountability ASAP

Options
I'm eating clean... But I can't get motivated 2 work out consistently!

Replies

• lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What works for me is finding workouts that I enjoy doing. IMO, we tend to consistently do things and make time for things that we either have to do (work) or enjoy doing (Netflix bingeing). Once you find what you enjoy, it will be easier to get motivated to go do until it becomes part of your routine. Good luck!
  • Annette1270
    Annette1270 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Like Zumba!! I love it and wish I could do it more often.
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I made my food diary public. Now I feel accountable.
  • Annette1270
    Annette1270 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did that too.. being accountable!
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Watching a good Tv show or movie always helps me to forget that I'm walking on a treadmill or using the exercise bike.
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Lpendleton said it best - you have to find something you like and enjoy doing otherwise it will be a chore. I NEVER thought I'd become addicted to a program but I did. What I chose is not for everyone but it works for me. It keeps me accountable and moving every day. You can also build a strong network or team of MFP friends. That has helped me tremendously. We all lean on each other in my circle. I've come to rely on them for advice and a pick me up when I need it! GOOD LUCK!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't argue against accountability and motivation, but the drive has to be internal first or it will not manifest externally. Does that make sense? I succeeded by challenging myself. I'd go just a little longer on the elliptical each day, then I went further, then I went faster. I found new things to do, like StairMaster and Arc trainers. Then I started lifting weights, in which there are new challenges every time I lift. I don't say this will work for you, but the point is to look internally and see what would drive you and then follow that.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is working for me but It makes me say a few bad words :)