Thoughts on HRM Monitor??

Options
I am in the market to purchase a HRM (not more than $115)! I have a Timex and it's not accurate AT ALL! I am leaning towards a Polar FT7. I've heard all good things but thought I'd ask again for some more opinions. Thanks!

Replies

• skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I definitely need one too and have been lookin online and asking around. It looks like to me the Polar FT4 or FT7 are the best. You probably wanna make sure it has a chest strap and will count your calories... at least for me thats what I'm lookin for. Good luck on your quest.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the Timex calorie counter is SOOOO inaccurate. I switched to a Polar FT4 and I LOVE it. My boyfriend had the FT7 and it's also great. The main difference is that the FT7 keeps more workout data than the FT4 and there is one other feature. Otherwise it's a really great HRM.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it!!! Of course I don't like the fact that the treadmill, elliptical, etc tells me I have used up more calories than my HRM BUT I know my HRM is more accurate because it has all my data. Good value for money.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of investing in the Polar FT4. I don't want to track my workouts just my heartrate. And I heard that the cheaper ones don't do the job. Do you need to buy a chest strap to go with it or is does it work well on it's own?
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and absolutely love it. It is completely accurate. I hear the Polar FT7 is just as good if not better!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    The straps usually come with the HRM!! Did anyone think the quality of the watch was cheap?
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT7 and I really like it. It got really good reviews from everything i read on it before.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Polar for sure!
    I bought the FT4 because it was all I needed feature wise.
    It shows calories burned, has a chest strap and stores data (I think 10 files or so).
    Love it! Like really, really LOVE it lol
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jenn, I accidentally dragged my watch across the wall tonight moving my entertainment center and not a scratch on the face at all. It's very durable!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I JUST bought mine a couple of minutes ago after reading all of the reviews on here. I ended up getting the Women's Polar FT7 on Amazon for $81.97 they had the FT4 for $71 so if you're interested you should check them out
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 a week ago...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! Now I know exactly what I'm burning AND I can swim with it on!!!! :bigsmile:
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    SOLD even more now than before!!! LOL
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    yes, you will the chest strap for the FT4. It will/should come with it. All you have to do is wet the lil electrodes (?) and snap on the piece and strap it on lol
    You don't even know it's there.
    The ones without the chest strap use your pulse? I believe and they are not as accurate because the watches slip and move.
    I'm thinking of investing in the Polar FT4. I don't want to track my workouts just my heartrate. And I heard that the cheaper ones don't do the job. Do you need to buy a chest strap to go with it or is does it work well on it's own?
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my Polar FT7. Best thing I've ever bought..well not the BEST thing..but you know what I mean. :)