Clean eating

Options
what seasonings does everyone use while trying to lean out while meal prepping that aren't so horrible for you ?

Replies

• yoshinicole
    yoshinicole Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to mention and taste flavorful
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    uh... seasonings aren't "horrible" for you regardless of which one you use. I also don't meal prep, nor do I "eat clean" anymore because that was unsustainable for me. Much easier to jsut eat whatever I want within my calories. Works well for the lazy and food-loving individual.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I heard a lot of people like Mrs. Dash, or Flavor God. Look them up!
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Keep up the clean eating! Spices are wonderful, hot sauces with low sugar, mustards, fresh herbs and garlic are my favorite :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    How could seasonings be horrible? Spices, herbs, onion, garlic, lemon, vinegar, what is horrible about them?
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ms Dash has a lot of sodium/MSG free seasoning. I also get the generic brand onion power, garlic powder and salt. Also lemon pepper and whatever brand that makes a chili lime seasoning is amazing. I think Ms Dash has a chili lime salt free variety! I really treat seasoning as a free for all...its okay to have a little 'bad' with the good! (AKA Ketchup) As long as most of what your eating is nutrient dense...ect ect. :#
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    soy sauce, salsa, mustard, dill and tarragon (esp on fish), horseradish, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, curry powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, paprika.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    All seasonings are processed, how is that "clean". There is no curry powder tree.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    All seasons are processed, how is that "clean". There is no curry powder tree.

:laugh:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    All seasonings are processed, how is that "clean". There is no curry powder tree.

Excellent point. Hmm.

More seriously, this is why a rule against "processed" foods is odd to me. Spices are a great and healthy way to make your food taste better. Even--gasp!--salt, which makes a difference when used in the cooking process. Also fresh herbs (or the dried ones if that's easier and what you have, just remember that if they are too old they will be pointless).

I suppose you can buy the whole spices and grind them yourself, that can be more tasty, depending, but it's not going to matter to health.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options

Yes Ms. Dash! I use it on a lot of my meats, its good :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »

Yes Ms. Dash! I use it on a lot of my meats, its good :)
    She keeps her status anonymous, interesting but just on that note I wouldn't use it, trust issues.

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash has literally no taste to me.... just smell.

I just use regular lemon pepper seasoning, or crock-pot my chicken in BBQ or hot sauce.

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Smoked paprika
    Garlic
    Ground cumin
    Sea salt
    Curry
    Red pepper
    black pepper

Pinterest has lots of pins about which seasonings to combine with each other.
  • chriscruz83
    chriscruz83 Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mrs. Dash Garlic and herb is like my new hot sauce. I put that **** on everything!! 0 sodium 0 everything I think. Take a peek next time you're at the store!!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options

You can however make your own if you happen to have a dehydrator. I make a hot pepper seasoning. Yep, it's processed, by me. But at least I know what went in it. Now I found a store that sells habaneros, I'm going to try those next! Yum.
  • susie_secret
    Options
    I recently picked up a large bottle of non salt seasoning from Costco.
    It contains 21 different organic herbs and spices. It is excellent on any meat and all veggies!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Veggies+and+seasonings.PNG
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I recently picked up a large bottle of non salt seasoning from Costco.
    It contains 21 different organic herbs and spices. It is excellent on any meat and all veggies!

You can also just buy herbs and spices.