Bad knee ... Suggested excersise for thigh and butt

Options
janeybean1
janeybean1 Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I have got a bad knee . I have had the ACL repaired previously but the injury has returned

Replies

• janeybean1
    Options
    Repaired ** silly me
  • keto1015
    Options
    Hey, I'm not sure if you've heard of these, but they're called supermans most commonly. You lay on your stomach, and in synchronization lift your upper and lower body as high as you can, that's one rep. I usually do that up, down, up down, 10 reps 2 sets, then I rest for a few seconds and lift back up and kind of butterfly my legs, like little flutter kicks as long as I can tell it feels like my legs and butt are gonna fall off. Lol. Any way I know two more but they're impossible to explain :/ I'm sorry these supermans though, are fairly effective. Since you got a bad knee, you ought to stick with floor exercises like this one, youtube it really. If it weren't for YouTube is still be about 165lbs haha if you find the right videos they're super effective.
  • mrtortoise
    Options
    see a physio?
  • DragonLadyLiz
    DragonLadyLiz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    check with doctor, but maybe a brace on the knee will help a little.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    physio
  • CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a bad knee too - only about 30% ACL remaining in my one knee with a ton of scar tissue around the knee cap. I go to physio once a week and check a lot of my exercises with my physiotherapist. He tells me to stay away from squats and lunges but recommends wall sits. I still do squats and lunges but don't sink all the way. He's also recommended the seated leg press to me.

As others have mentioned, I'd check with a physio.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I would talk to a sports medicine doctor. That's how I learned what was and wasn't allowable for my messed up knees.