Trying my hardest

Options
I really am trying to lose weight its just so hard when all there is to do in my life is eat.I need some help!

Replies

• Renee30ccc
    Renee30ccc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You got this.. You have to gain control of your mind then the body will follow. Think positive and try picking up a hobby. Maybe reading to occupy your mind.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Try being mindful about why you are eating. Is it because you are hungry? Or thirsty? Bored? Just because you want to?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My question is what are you "trying" in terms of trying to lose weight?

Have you made up your mind to make a new lifestyle change (ask yourself are you ready to count calories, control what you eat, eat less, burn calories through exercise or move around more? If not, this is the first step.

You have to set a goal and make a plan. Get educated from others who have successfully made their goals work, but no plan is the same for everyone. You have to set realistic goals and work the plan. Tweak the plan if things are not working in a few weeks.

Make sure you understand your relationship with food. This is a biggie. When you start tracking what you eat, when you eat and why you eat you will start to see the big picture.

Just wanting to lose weight is a very very small part...You have to put actions behind your thoughts.. This is mind over body... and any thing that changes your life (quitting smoking, lose weight, training for a marathon) takes discipline. It starts up in the brain first! :):)

• buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's a mental shift as much as anything. This has to be a lifestyle change. I recommend logging everything as it does make you more aware of how many calories you're eating. Don't try and do too much too soon though.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I really am trying to lose weight its just so hard when all there is to do in my life is eat.I need some help!
    Perhaps fixing the part where you feel you don't have anything to do but eat will help. Do you have any hobbies? Have you started an exercise program of one kind or another? If you don't work are you responsible for keeping house? Keeping busy is a good way to distract yourself from eating, especially if you're doing something that makes it impossible.

Sitting in front of a TV all day makes it easy to overeat, for example. If instead of just sitting there if you were doing something with your hands like knitting then you couldn't be eating.
  • kmfc17
    kmfc17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Be strong, take it one day at a time, and don't set unobtainable goals. A little at a time. And if you slip up don't get discourage, it happens, just make the next day better. Good luck we are all in the same boat.