Needing Motivation :(

Options
I need something to MAKE me make time for excercise... any good ideas????

Replies

• lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Think of the extra calories you will have to eat, think of the outcome (firmer body and less weight faster) and think of how good you will feel afterwards. Even if you only do 10 minutes a day, it's something.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    just do it. get a mp3 player or ipod & have fun!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I did the "sign up for something so I have a goal to meet" thing and signed up for a 5k! It's this Saturday! Yikes! I am still figuring out how to fit regular exercise into my nutso schedule! I have a great friend who is taking turns with me to give each other wake up calls whether it is to exercise in the morning or get other stuff done so we can exercise at night. It's been great!
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ya mean like a cattle prod or somethin?
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    just do it. get a mp3 player or ipod & have fun!

I agree.....a few minutes in, and you will be so happy you did--I promise!
  • McCarthy6
    McCarthy6 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I set up an agreement with a friend that everyday I must send her a text message saying that I have completed my workout. Just another way to be accountable.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Just today I decided that I am setting exercise goals rather than weight goals for rewards. For every 15 consecutive days that I exercise I will treat myself to a pedicure! Miss a day and have to re-start at day 1. If I exercise 30 days in a row (for at least 20 minutes each day) I am going to treat myself to a 30 minute massage. And if I make it to 60 days in a row, I will treat myself to a full hour massage. AND in my case the rewards are going to be cumulative. At 30 days I get the massage AND pedi, etc ... Whoot!

It gives me something to look forward to and an incentive to stick with it ... If I don't meet the goals, eventually I will have to do my own pedi and that's no fun ;)

My weight goals are just milestones to get to where I want to be by certain times (family vacation coming up, etc.) No rewards for that but feeling better about myself ... LOL
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat cant get motivated sometimes like today ugghh!
  • mommyof3nnewjersey
    Options
    Really Walt? Seriously?