Miracle Noodles- Zero calorie food

Options
Have you tried Miracle Noodles (Shirataki Pasta)? They are amazing as it feels like you're having noodles, but they have 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 calories. I just made a delicious pesto that I added to the noodles, then added grilled chicken.They have a fishy smell when you first open the bag, but after you rinse them and blanch them, they have no smell at all. So I thought I'd share this find.

Replies

• cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    those sound great. where can you buy them? are the expensive?
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    Bought them -- tried them -- couldn't get past the weird texture. There are a few new brands out there too and have thought about trying those....maybe they'll be better for me.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
  • rulaborelli
    Options
    I ordered them from Amazon, but I know Wholefoods carries a similar item but not same brand. I got 6 packages which are 6 servings for $30. So they are a bit pricey, but they last long and are so worth it once or twice a week.
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    have some in fridge trying to figure out how i want to make them. I found at just local store (non ethnic) and another at Thai store but pack was only dollar something. so even if not good not out much; worth a shot.
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options
    I've eaten them all my life, mostly as an add-in to other dishes such as sukiyaki. Growing up, however, I used to eat them w/ a little lemon juice and soy sauce. Yum.
  • shmoejo
    shmoejo Posts: 37
    Options
    i found them in a local health food shop for a couple dollars for an 8 oz pack (but they have a rubber texture to me)
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know, some of the brands of the noodles do have calories. Esp the tofu ones.
  • Dilyn66
    Dilyn66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have found a similar product called No Oodles. They are a Japanese yam fiber. To eat them is like eating spaghetti without the carbs, calories, wheat! When you open the pkg., they, too, smell funny, but that is because there is lime in the water they are packed in. Rinse them and the smell goes away. Come in 8 pz pkg. Can be found in Wegman's or check www.nooodles.com. They list all the stores that carry them, or you can buy on line. They are around $2.00 a bag, or less if you buy more.
    I love them. Recipes on the website, too.
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    I will have to try these, thanks for the information everyone.
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    man i love noodles and was really hoping they would be good but i just couldn't take the texture/smell. i wish i liked them!!