Sliced cooked egg
    cherry tomatoes
    Toasted flax seed
    Kraft Raspberry Vinigarette Dressing.

Nummy -- too bad it's too late to eat one. Sounds good about now. :smile:
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I take a salad every day for lunch. Today I added tomatoes, carrots, blue cheese, and chicken. I use the newman's own lighten up honey mustard dressing.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I put tomatoes, cucumber, onions (sometimes), canadian bacon (sometimes), fat free cheddar shredded cheese and fat free thousand island dressing.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I stuff as much lettuce in a tuperware that I can, then I add in 2tbs of fat free chunky blue cheese, or 2tbs low-fat buttermilk ranch, and 1/3rd cup shredded cheddar cheese. Slap the lid on, and shake like a fool until everything is coated and yummy. :)

When my grandma's grape tomatoes come into season, I will add those!
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    depends on what I feel like. Usually it is a mixed 50/50 (spring mix and spinach) then I add Fat free feta and spray with the wishbone Italian spray. I will add things from there...cucumbers, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, carrots or anything else I feel like that day.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Tonite for supper I had a 4oz chicken breast cut up on 2 cups of romaine...topped with feta cheese and Newman's Own Raspberry Walnut viniagrette...very tasty...this is also good with craisins on top!!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    im experimenting with using non fat yogurt as a base for dressings.
    normally i use some low fat dressings but i have to watch my salt intake. so making my own will be my new thing.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    Mushrooms
    Cheddar cheese or chicken breast
    Ranch dressing
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    mixed greens, red onion, grilled leftover chicken from last nights dinner (or a tuna packet) something crunchy (carrots, bell peppers, or celery if I'm out of everything else!) garbanzo beans, sometimes cuke or tomato, either Newman's Own light balsamic vinegrette, light italian, or Ken's light vidalia onion. I use 1 or 2 tbsp. of dressing and then about 2 tbsp of squeezed fresh lemon mixed in to make it go farther with less calories. Also do a really nice taco salad - mixed greens, taco-seasoned turkey meat (or lean beef) cilantro, black beans, corn, avocado and dressed with red salsa and fresh squeezed lime juice. ok got to stop now - just had dinner and this is making me hungry!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    As many fresh veggies as I can! Broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, mushroom, etc. Sometimes slices of fresh strawberry or dried cranberry.
    Sometimes I like a bit of shredded cheese and some cut up deli meat, but not always. And bleu cheese dressing (and I will measure out the 2T serving size to not get too much, but I like the real stuff, not lite or low fat or anything).
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers
    cherry tomatoes
    hummus
    carrots
    cucumber
    broccoli
    sometimes vinegar
    all on a spring mix or big bed of spinach

No dressing, croutons, or cheese. 100% deliciousness without the junk. Hummus is the secret.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    tomato,cucumber, onion, parsley, mint, evoo, lemon juice, salt, fine/medium grain bulgur wheat.... mmmm I love me some tabouleh.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    greens, cherry tomatoes, purple onion, mushrooms, cucumbers, black olives and either:

1. About two ounces of albacore tuna and a low sodium creamy cucumber dressing

or

2. a cut up black bean morningstar patty, some mexican corn and salsa

If I do a store salad bar, these change, but this is the standard fare I have at home.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I usually add carrots, balsamic and if I feel like switching it up, I throw sliced strawberries or chick peas on top. Strawberries w/ balsamic are yummy! Sometimes I will also take cold cooked vegetable leftovers (like squash and onion) and put it on top for a little different flavor.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas (garbanza beans) are also super good on a salad....gives it a meaty taste....add a plain can of tuna, some olives, yum!
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love salads and my favorite trick is to put a couple of TBS of dressing in a small cup and dip my fork in it before I stick it in my salad. You get plently of dressing taste since the fork is the last thing to cross your lips. I don't care for fat free dressings so I can use any dressing I like and only use about 1 TBS. Try this a couple of times and you'll never pour dressing on your salad again!
  • theplanahead
    Options
    all that stuff is great. I like to add a sweet kick and do either raisins, dried cranberries or apples plus some spiced pecans. I love sunflower seeds too. I often crush a couple of whole croutons to much smaller pieces so I can really enjoy them through out the salad. Usually just 2-3 will do the trick.

I also like to do mexican salads with a mix of salsa and nonfat yogurt for dressing - I usually add black beans and corn.

I found that when using the low fat dressings they just don't coat the lettuce so I've been adding a tablespoon or two of plain non-fat greek yogurt to the Newman's Own Balsamic and sometimes either brown deli mustard or honey mustard and mixing that before adding it to the salad. It really gives it some extra staying power and it doesn't just all end up sloshing around the bottom of the salad bowl.
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I knew there had to be a better way of making a salad then just romaine, low fat dressing, and cheese! Thank You Everyone!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love a spinach salad with fresh roasted beets and goat cheese. I don't care for dressings much, so a touch of balsamic vinegar is what I use.
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My salads are usually not very exciting. If I have them i enjoy onions, black olives, garbanzo beans, nuts, sprouts, shredded carrot or whatever I can find. I usually only use about 1/2 to 1 TBLS dressing to my salad. I also enjoy light feta crumbles and grated Parmesan cheese (the powdered kind is 20 calories a TBLS). I used to only like salads as an appetizer or side, but I have been craving them more and more.