Weight History

Options
Well, I have a very long diet history. I am 72 years of age. I have had to struggle with the weight forever. It has truly been a roller coaster ride. When I was younger it wasn't too bad, but in the last 10 years, after retiring it became a battle I lost. I had emotional issues as well as health issues. Lucky for me it all could have been much worse. I love any kind of food. Sweets are however my biggest downfall. About a year ago I found this app. and signed up. I enjoy the ease of keeping track of the food and the exercise. I don't know why it took me so long to do this and interact with others on this app. but here I am now. We moved to a new area and I was not real happy about the place for a long time. Thus I ate to make me feel better. Ugh! Then it was family problems that made me eat even more... My husband was my worse nightmare in trying to change eating habits. Then he realized that he also needed to start eating healthier. That has helped so much. In the last year he has lost about 43 lbs. and I have lost about 15 lbs. You know how that is. He is much more active than I am. Anyway, here I am and determined to continue with this plan. What ever time the Lord gives me I will still try to be healthy. Anyone agree with me?

Replies

• susyndragness
    susyndragness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and just starting. Good so far. I say ed same several weeks lowered calories and now losing. Need more iron and potassium hard to get enough
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm 61 and I want to be as healthy as possible as I grow older. I don't want to lose my independence or my great energy.
    I want to have fun with my grandchildren and participate fully in life with my husband, friends and family.
    I've come to live by the motto-"move it or lose it", so I move it a lot and it helps that I'm at my lowest weight since my 30s.