Eggs fast and easy!!!

Options
I have found you can whisk up some eggs, and throw what ever you want in them. Then put them in the microwave for 1:00 (stir) then another 30 sec. and you have a healthy baked/scrambled egg toss. hope this helps someone!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I did that for a month, but found I like the taste better cooking them on the stove.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I use the microwave for some things, but I've found that I dislike uneven cooking so much that I'll even forty minutes to an hour for a baked potato from the oven, rather than using the microwave.
  • jeffreed662
    Options
    Some peoples tastes are different. I just like the quickness of the microwave.. Cooking them other ways they do taste a whole lot better!!!!
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much what my son lived on while living in the dorms.
    Easy, quick and healthy.
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use a muffin pan and cook a weeks worth of eggs at one time. Spray the pan first. I crack an egg into each cup and season. If you like them scrambled it works the same. If you want to add stuff like cheese, meat or vegetables it's best to put that in the cup first and pour the scrambled egg over it. Set oven to 350 and bake 15-25 min. Depends on how you like your eggs cooked. After cooking I pop them out and put in a container or large ziplock. I eat 2 a day. I heat them in the microwave for about 15-20 sec. Sometimes I just throw them in my bag and eat at room temperature.
  • jeffreed662
    Options
    Only problem is.. Eggs are high in cholesterol. I love them tho!! Great for protein.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Love the muffin pan idea. Are they fairly well done at 20 mins or so @purplemystra‌ ?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    I use the microwave for some things, but I've found that I dislike uneven cooking so much that I'll even forty minutes to an hour for a baked potato from the oven, rather than using the microwave.

I do 5 minutes in the microwave, then finish in the over for 20-25 minutes for that better texture/proper skin on baked potatoes. Saves me 20-30 minutes and is awesome.

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Only problem is.. Eggs are high in cholesterol. I love them tho!! Great for protein.

Myth - debunked! A cholesterol is not bad for you and your body actually doesn't get it from eggs.

Also - I don't have a microwave at home. I realized I only used it for making popcorn and as a convenient place to put meat while it defrosts. When it broke I didn't replace it.

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I have found you can whisk up some eggs, and throw what ever you want in them. Then put them in the microwave for 1:00 (stir) then another 30 sec. and you have a healthy baked/scrambled egg toss. hope this helps someone!

I do this all the time when I am in a hurry or need food in bed... (don't ask...lol)
  • justincook
    justincook Posts: 14 Member
    Options

After 40 years of bad science perpetuated by government busybodies the truth is coming out... enjoy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/10/feds-poised-to-withdraw-longstanding-warnings-about-dietary-cholesterol/
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've actually gotten pretty good at making microwave omelets in a coffee cup lol. With mine though, I have to do it 30 seconds at a time, stir, another 30, etc until done. You can't take them too far or they get kind of gross...dogs are happy when that happens LOL.

I add sliced mushrooms, peppers (hot and/or sweet), and whatever else sounds good, then put cheese in for the last 30 seconds. yum!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Great tips! Love the muffin pan idea. Are they fairly well done at 20 mins or so @purplemystra‌ ?

In my oven the top is still a little soft but I'd say it's about 98% cooked.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I've actually gotten pretty good at making microwave omelets in a coffee cup lol. With mine though, I have to do it 30 seconds at a time, stir, another 30, etc until done. You can't take them too far or they get kind of gross...dogs are happy when that happens LOL.

I add sliced mushrooms, peppers (hot and/or sweet), and whatever else sounds good, then put cheese in for the last 30 seconds. yum!

Yep - 30 seconds between stirring or they turn to rubber. I always cut up ham into small bits, put some cheese in. If I want some crunch, peppers.

It isn't the best way to make an omelet but it is the fastest way to get a quick snack without dirtying anything more than the mug.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yup, agree with the regular stirring, at least every 30 secs, and shorter once they're close to done - it's a really fine line between under and over cooked! In fact, you want them looking slightly undercooked when they come out, then let them stand for a bit. Cooking time varies depending on microwave, freshness of eggs, and how many you're doing. I do three and they generally take over two mins.

Honestly, once you crack microwave scrambled eggs (pun totally intended!) you will wonder why you ever mucked around doing them the conventional way.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I do 5 minutes in the microwave, then finish in the over for 20-25 minutes for that better texture/proper skin on baked potatoes. Saves me 20-30 minutes and is awesome.
    Me too! Got to have the crispy skin!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's 40 seconds in my microwave, lol.

I always use it if I'm making an egg sandwhich or burrito.
  • jeffreed662
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

I do this all the time when I am in a hurry or need food in bed... (don't ask...lol)

Lol I won't. I was hoping I wasn't the only one that done this..!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome protein.