garmin vivofit user

Options
Just got a garmin vivofit. Looking for others that want to join that want to get off the couch and start moving. Its a new year let's get into better health.

Replies

• mustngs68
    mustngs68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I just got a vivofit a few weeks ago. I'd love someone to help out, and keep me motivated!
  • alaskakristin
    alaskakristin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been using my vivofit since the first day it was available, over a year now.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There is a group for vivofit users, just search for vivofit under groups :)
  • Terria527
    Terria527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do any of you use the heart rate monitor with your Vivofit? I do mostly strength training and just wondering if the Vivofit would be able to track calories burned. I have the Vivosmart. When I bought it, the salesperson told me it tracked heartrate without having to buy a separate hr monitor. Wrong! So I'm taking it back. I don't need all the extra features for the extra price.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I use the HRM with my vivofit. I just had the band at first but I was so accustomed to HRMs that I decided to add the garmin one (even though I already had 2 more that were not compatible). It's simple to use. Just change the screen to the heart rate screen, once it gives you a reading, do your exercise. Hold the button until it stops the heart rate monitoring and it automatically creates an activity on sync to Garmin Connect. The activity needs to be more than 10 minutes though.
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I got a Garmin VivoSmart two weeks ago and love it! Primarily because it's waterproof NOT water resistant. I got mine at Best Buy for $199 and it included the ($69) HRM chest strap. Never used one before but find it comfortable enough that I can forget I'm wearing it. I Gave the VivoSmart a good test run and wore it in the hot tub! The agitated water did make it blink a couple times but it never hurt it. I believe it's one of the best all around fitness monitors. I really don't know why Fitbit and others are not waterproof since they are fitness monitors that are usually worn outdoors. Probably has to do with the electrodes on the back for built-in HRM instead of a chest strap.
  • P0PTART
    P0PTART Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love my vivofit. I'm getting the HRM today so I can track even better
  • duanekling2007
    Options
    Been using a Vivofit for 1 week, really like the step counter and sleep tracker
  • kangel197088
    kangel197088 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm using garmin vivofit pls add me
  • phillipsx6
    phillipsx6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a vivosmart too and absolutely love it
  • jazznesss
    jazznesss Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have vivosmart, feel free to add me :)