Trying to lose weight when breastfeeding?

Options
How should I adjust my calorie intake for this??? I want to safely work on losing weight and make sure I am able to feed my baby :)

Replies

• jtndle
    jtndle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you type in breastfeeding in the food search bar it will give you quite a few options. Choose whichever suits you best, nursing exclusively, nursing older child etc. and it will allow extra calories into your day.
  • mvanwey
    mvanwey Posts: 5
    Options
    hi! im also breast feeding and my lactation consultant said i should add 500 calories per day~
    breast feeding on average burns about 20 cals per ounce of milk you produce. so you could do it that way too if you are a pumper! lol! please send me a friend request and we could chat with each other aout this!!
    by the way congrats! and good job on breast feeding! i have been doing it for 9 months now!~
  • yolifoli
    yolifoli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I breastfed for 7.5 months and did not change much to my diet. I am a runner too so I did lose weight. I dont know if this helps. I added chocolate milk after every run and 2 cups of steamed veggies with every meal. The steamed bags from ziploc and the frozen 5lbs of veggies were a life saver, I really didnt have to think about eating more. In reality the veggies were alot of calories. But dont add if your not hungry, just drink lots of water. I hope this helps. Be positive!! :)
  • Mlgteach
    Mlgteach Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been wondering about this, too. I'm still nursing my son, who is nearly 18 mo. I've been wondering how my weigh losss will be affected when he weans.
  • yolifoli
    yolifoli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go, 9 months breastfeeding!!