Need support

Options
I started working out (running/yoga) 3 weeks ago and also watching calories... Have come in under calories everyday, but after weighing myself today, I have gained a pound and haven't lost anything. I know it takes time, but after this long I was hoping for at least 2-3lbs lost at least. How is that possible? Need motivation because the fact that I could just go back to my normal routine and not gain compared to all the hard work and not losing anything is sounding good right now :/

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    my guess is that you are probably eating more calories than you think. Your best path to success is being careful about tracking everything...measure and weigh your food and write down everything that you eat. Those little samples at the store or bites of your kids' food all add up!
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Eating more cals then you realize. I'm currently (and always) struggling with this.
  • mustngs68
    mustngs68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Has there been a change in diet? Maybe compare a recent food diary entry to one prior to working out. Also may be building muscle, which is commonly known to weigh more than fat. Are your clothes fitting better?
  • softballmonkey45
    softballmonkey45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Depending on the type of workout, you could be building muscle and losing fat. Remember fat weighs less than muscle :)
  • erinderoo
    Options
    I'm hoping it's the muscle vs fat. I've actually been eating much better than I normally do- checking sodium and sugar closer, so although some extra calories may be sneaking in, I'm usually 300 under my allotment, so that should cover that. I'm sticking with it... Just got super discouraged when I weighed in this morning. Trying to only weigh in once a week! Thanks all :)
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't get discourage keep tracking every bite and drink lots of water. I'm sure the scale will start moving in the right direction soon.