NSV - No emotional eating today!

suzooz
suzooz Posts: 720 Member
Small victory over emotional eating today !

So I'm in a meeting with my boss and one of our new executives(who I just met), and he mentions a few of his employees that he is mentoring to bring them to the next level, and that some of his employees he's just "renting" for a while. Guess what category I fell into?

Since work is pretty much my life (or at least it was prior to me getting on MFP and being heathier), normally, I would be really upset about this and start to binge --especially on sugar.

But I'm thinking about leaving the Reese's Peanut Butter Egg in the cabinet (yes - it's still there from Easter!) and instead going downstairs to exercise. For some reason, I am in the mood for some Wii Boxing (LOL)

Thanks, MFP friends for letting me RANT and for helping me celebrate a NSV!

Replies

• ladynila
    ladynila Posts: 8
    AWESOME!!!!
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    That is a true victory! Nice job!
  • DarthBubbles
    DarthBubbles Posts: 138
    Go you!
    That's awesome!
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    That's right! Take your aggression out on your Wii (well not really)! You should throw that chocolate egg away so that the temptation is gone!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Good for you!!!!! That is awesome! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    give 'em hell in the ring!!! Why do we define ourselves by what we are professionally? I know that is a large % of our day but really there is a lot more to a person!! I have the same problem by the way have had a SUCK time with work lately but MFP and trying to stay on track and be healthy has REALLY helped. We're better than that, no??
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Kudos for your self-control over the chocalate egg, and for NOT punching the silly executive out when he put his Whole foot in his mouth!! You're a better person than that! I like the idea of getting the frustration out (not keeping it in where it could fester)-- but boxing it away with your Wii. Go for the burn sweetie! Nice job!:bigsmile:
  • suzooz
    I'm thinking of creating a "boss MII.' Anyone know how to do that? LOL

Thanks for all of the support -- I really needed it today!

(note: chocolate egg is still intact! )
  • charli914
    charli914 Posts: 7 Member
    Oh that's such a huge achievement!! Way to go!
  • suzooz
    I just kicked some major cartoon butt tonight, and I feel SO much better! I even was able to cheer myself up doing 20 minutes of Wii Zumba! WAHOO!

Thanks to Y'All -- I will make it through another day (and so will the chocolate egg!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!