This Article

Options
elitedaily.com/life/get-fit-44-small-changes-impact-health-big-ways/916455/

at least three of my friends posted this article on facebook, and I had to try very hard not to tell them that most of these 44 small changes are absolute garbage. I especially like the part where it tells people not to use fad diets, and then later suggests juicing.

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    LOL k , first of all 44 tips? yo I ain't got time. I also stopped skimming after point number 5.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I stopped reading at this piece of nonsense
    These toxins build up in your body and turn into fat or bloating

Even as a Vegan myself some of the things they are saying are just well...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    5. Consume only real food
    No, this does not include the Cheez-It box in your pantry that won’t expire for three more years. If your food is boxed, it most likely contains chemicals that your body does not know how to digest. These toxins build up in your body and turn into fat or bloating. Instead, fuel your body with fresh produce.

8. Never skip breakfast
    Eating first thing in the morning kicks your metabolism into gear. Never go a day without breakfast.

I LOL'd real hard at toxins.
    Someone please tell the author your body doesn't need a metabolism kick.

I was going to read this for laughs- but it just made me a bit sad
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    LOL k , first of all 44 tips? yo I ain't got time. I also stopped skimming after point number 5.

The only reason I read the whole thing was because last night when I first saw it I was having trouble sleeping. I figured I would post it here today since I assume most people would get a bit of a laugh out of it.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Actually about a quarter of the list are solid tips. It's unfortunate that the other three quarters are absolutely nonsense. The solid tips were mostly no brainers too. Get more sleep, stay motivated, etc. People know those things already. That's not even really a tip. That's like telling a basketball player to try to put the ball in hoop. Thanks for the tip! lol
  • ana3067
    Options

The only reason I read the whole thing was because last night when I first saw it I was having trouble sleeping. I figured I would post it here today since I assume most people would get a bit of a laugh out of it.

I'm way too lazy. Someone needs to summarize it lo.l
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options

This should tell you everything you need to know:

6. No fad diets
    7. Start off your morning with a cup of hot water and lemon
    8. Never skip breakfast
    9. Smoothies for breakfast

• MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options

The author is a vegan. That explains all the "don't eat dairy/eggs/red meat" etc. There's a lot of mentions of toxins and how to get rid of them (detox tea, green tea, fruit infused water, and hot water with lemon in the morning. Then there's the general tips of when and how much you should eat (don't skip breakfast, eat many smaller meals, stop eating 2 hours before bedtime).
  • ana3067
    Options
    kozinskey wrote: »

This should tell you everything you need to know:

6. No fad diets
    7. Start off your morning with a cup of hot water and lemon
    8. Never skip breakfast
    9. Smoothies for breakfast

#7 makes me need to poop every time LOL.
  • kozinskey
    Options

Probably the hot liquid. A runners' trick to make sure the pipes are empty before a long run is to alternate hot coffee and cold water.
  • ana3067
    Options

Probably the hot liquid. A runners' trick to make sure the pipes are empty before a long run is to alternate hot coffee and cold water.
    ooh... I am gonna have to try this in the mornings! If I don't poop int he morning my day is just horrible. Morning poops FTW!
  • ana3067
    Options

The author is a vegan. That explains all the "don't eat dairy/eggs/red meat" etc. There's a lot of mentions of toxins and how to get rid of them (detox tea, green tea, fruit infused water, and hot water with lemon in the morning. Then there's the general tips of when and how much you should eat (don't skip breakfast, eat many smaller meals, stop eating 2 hours before bedtime).

:|
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I love my dairy with extra puss, k thanks! <3
  • kozinskey
    Options

ooh... I am gonna have to try this in the mornings! If I don't poop int he morning my day is just horrible. Morning poops FTW!

Lol glad I'm not alone. I count as an old person because I only eat high-fiber breakfast foods. My pantry is full of things like Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, and oat bran. No shame!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Oh Ana I love your free and easiness. You always manage to put all sorts of images in my head :+1::smiley: xx
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    The "replace eggs with tempeh" one was just so random.

I've had tofu scramble as an egg sub, but ... tempeh?????
  • ana3067
    Options

Oh Ana I love your free and easiness. You always manage to put all sorts of images in my head :+1::smiley: xx

LOL well hey,
  • ana3067
    Options

Lol glad I'm not alone. I count as an old person because I only eat high-fiber breakfast foods. My pantry is full of things like Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, and oat bran. No shame!

I don't even eat high fiber breakfast usually, I should try if that helps with morning poops. But if I don't poop as soon as I wake up or before leaving the house, I'm likely to need to poop like 5 times during the day while I'm away from home. Fate trying to eff with me :p