94 lbs down with Gastric Sleeve :)

Options
I had Gastric Sleeve Surgery on August 4th, 2014. At my first weigh-in with the doctor in March 2014 I was 325 lbs. I am now down 94 lbs, to 231 lbs. I have never felt better! Off course I still have to watch what I eat and I can't eat big amounts, but the surgery jump started my weight loss and gave me a tool to be more successful. It is not a miracle fix, and I work at it every day. But the weight keeps coming off and it's amazing! If you are thinking about the surgery, or have had it, I'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats and best wishes! I haven't had surgery but I've read enough to know it's still difficult and takes work and discipline. Continued good luck!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have a friend that did the gastric bypass last fall, and she is working harder. It scares the crap out of me, but I'm there to support her! I know it definitely isn't a decision made lightly.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I had my bypass this past June and I am over ninety pounds down now. Yes, I love my increased energy too. Last night a character claimed in the movie I was watching that she could do twenty-four push-ups. So I pulled out the mat to try and do the same right there. Hubby could barely believe I was doing it. Guess what? Can't yet. But I did twenty-one push-ups off the wall until hubby begged me to stop making a fool of myself.

Here's a local support group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's impressive weight loss. Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!