Vegetarians or vegans?

Options
hi I'm alana and I'm a vegan, I share recipes if you ask and I would love to help anyone in this lifestyle! Add me!

Replies

• dancer3590
    Options
    Hey Alana,
    I'm Kim! I'm vegan too! And I'm new to myfitnesspal
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I am almost vegan. I haven't found any cheese alternatives. I am also a marathon runner and need to make sure I keep my protein in check so I can repair my muscles. I need recipes and creative ways to add protein
  • dancer3590
    Options
    @kia_runs‌
    Daiya is a great brand I use and is good vegan cheese alternatives. If you're planning to go vegan, I would say do your research. Vegans do not have any kind of protein deficiency or any other deficiency as far as I am aware of. because most of your nutrients can be gained through all kinds of plant-based foods. B12 deficiency is actually a myth as well as protein deficiency. All plant-based products have some sort of protein in it. Tofu has a lot of protein. Soy has a lot of protein in it, as well as other greens across the veggie board. And an adult only needs 90g of protein a day. The excessive amounts of protein is one of the causes for obesity. In addition to all the animal fats.

I'm going to start putting recipes on my profile if you need any of that or inspiration. I also recommend you get a tumblr and just look up really cool begin recipes... I'll try posting some great references to veganism
  • DestineeMarie3
    DestineeMarie3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan as well! I'll add you guys
  • bahbedwire
    bahbedwire Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian. :) I'll add you~
  • cestkidrauhl
    cestkidrauhl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian! You all should add me :)
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @dancer3590
    Thanks so much. This is great info. I've found there are soooo many sites and info. I just need to take my time. Will try Daiya. I tried a brand called follow your heart. It was disgusting!
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    add me girls i want to start a vegan life style
  • girlnextdoor1133
    Options
    I have been vegetarian for 6 years. I have been trying to switch to vegan for the past year but that darn cheese gets me every time. I'm looking for som online support and motivation through my weight loss journey.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian! I would love to have some new recipes.
  • PerkyPigtails
    PerkyPigtails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 yrs. (Showing my true age a little. Lol) You can add me. :smile:
  • lovelylightz
    lovelylightz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian..I do consume egg whites and non fat Greek yogurt..but other than that not much.
  • yenitsed
    yenitsed Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Looking for some vegan and vegetarian friends here also :) (*)