New here!

Options
Hello, my name is Jesi and I am new here. I have a lot of weight to lose. I was 290 when I got pregnant and it was a very rough pregnancy. I was on bed rest for most of it and my weight balloned to 360 by the end of it. :( I am now down to 324 but I still feel awful. 6 years ago I weighed 175, which at 6 foot 1 I was hot! THen I got very sick and was (again) on bed rest for a long time, couldn't get out and do anything and was on pain killers 24/7 for 2 years. While I don't know if I will ever be that weight again I would like to get back around 200. I eat well aside from the occasional evil fast food burger and now that it is finally spring here I am hoping to get out and be able to take the baby to the park and go for walks to slowly get into a routine of some sort. Hopefully with the calorie counter I will be able to see everyday what I am doing and be able to adjust accordingly.

Replies

• maxIMAGINATION
    Options
    Yeh! KICK BUTT!!

Friend request sent!!

Positive energy!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    welcome! there is a lot of support here as well as motivation and inspiration. we all get our bad days but we can overlook them and continue on our journey. good luck.. feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Keisha0421
    Keisha0421 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here as well. My name is Keisha and I live in Georgia. I am married to the most wonderful man and we have 2 little boys. I'm a stay at home mom for them and they keep me busy so it's hard to find the time and energy to work out. I was looking for some friends who can encourage me and motivate me and I can do the same for them. I'm excited to be losing weight. I have actually been losing for a while now. When I had my youngest son 2 years ago I started losing and I had lost 80 lbs. Well I got off track when we went on vacation and couldn't seem to get back on. So I've been off since last August and in that time I have gained 40 of the 80 lbs I'd lost back. Anyway I'm working on it again and I want this to be a life change. I don't want to go up and down and up and down anymore. So if anyone has any advice, please help me out. Thanks.
  • leahkayl
    leahkayl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!! I would recommend getting a pedometer so you can really
    add those steps on in a day. Then you can always challenge yourself to get
    more steps the next week.
  • LovieCakes
    LovieCakes Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Anica and I'm from ny. Im finally mentally ready to lose this extra body I been carrying around for the last couple of years. I need to lose about 70 pounds. I know this road won't be easy but I will take it by day by day. Looking forward to meeting some fabulous people and getting into shape!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome to MFP. This is an AMAZING site. It is SO helpful. I never realized what I was putting in my body till I joined 4 months ago. This site has 4ever changed my eating habits. I'm sure it will do the same for you. Just being able to keep up with your calorie intake will work wonders. And if you add a little daily exercise in your diet, I'm sure that the weight will come off in time. Just remember that it probably took you a while to gain the weight & it may take you months of logging to lose it all, but NEVER lose faith & NEVER give up. With commentment & dedication, YOU will reach your weight loss goal!

If you need some extra support &/or a good motivator, feel free to hit me up with a friend request.

Best of luck,
    Angela
  • LovieCakes
    LovieCakes Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats. You did it before so I know you will do it again. Take it day by day and you will get there. Stay Fab!