High calorie vegan smoothie

Options
Hi :)
Just wondering if anyone knows some high calorie, healthy Vegan smoothie recipes?
Cheers

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    is peanut butter vegan?
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    is peanut butter vegan?

Yes. Datorade is a popular one for vegans.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    is peanut butter vegan?

Yep, as are oats, but I have nothing as the typical liquids are milk, ice cream, etc which are not vegan friendly.

Maybe silken tofu with some water for thinning? (I've never tried it, so I have nothing to add experience-wise.) Or maybe start with a vegan protein shake as a base and add oats and peanut butter as a way to up the calories.

Or, you could just eat the peanut butter off the spoon, which is what I do...
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Soy or almond milk for liquid options.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Put nuts and seeds in it. A cup of smoothie can hit 500 cal easy.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    Soy or almond milk for liquid options.

Ah, I knew I was missing something very common sense...

ETA: Full fat coconut milk would also be a good option.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Someone on my FL posted that she added a very ripe plantain to her smoothie instead of a banana. That sounded yummy to me.

The smoothie had spinach, coconut oil, flax seeds, plantain and pineapple. It was a little over 450 calories.

ETA: Of course you can add more ingredients like oats and use almond milk for the liquid. That calorie count did not include liquid calories
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate 'mousse' using a whole avocado and almond or soy milk as the base, a sweetener of your choice and a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder.
    you could add more bulk by throwing a banana in there too.
    blending up 10 bananas with a couple cups of water is pretty darn filling too. @ 1000 calories.
  • gio14
    gio14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I posted a great one last week that I'm using 849cals, look thru my posts ;)
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, vegan milk and ice cream are pretty readily available. Not sure if you're from the UK but sainsburys, asda and tesco all stock vegan ice cream and it's good!
    I'd go for peanut butter and ice cream if you want a high calorie but not particularly healthy one, or go for avocados, bananas and seeds if you want a healthier version!
  • matwaters1985
    Options
    Wow, thank you all so much for your replies. You have all been very helpful and given me a lot of ideas, i look forward to trying them. :)