which day should I have higher calories?

Options
I am going to give zig-zagging my calories a try. However, I'm wondering which days should be my higher calorie days? Should it be on the two days that I do HIIT or my three days of strength training?

Replies

• cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    what is HIIT?
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    H - High I - Intensity I - Interval T - Training

But sorry I do not know the answer to your question....
  • nudacris
    nudacris Posts: 25
    Options
    I do higher calories/carbs on strength training days for more energy. Lower calories/carbs on HIIT, cardio, and yoga days. Works for me!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    do your high calorie day on which ever day you burn the most calories, whichever day that is.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Bumping because someone asked me if I was doing HIIT with my big workouts but I have no idea. Would love to hear the explanation of it. Sorry but don't know the answer to your question but I would definitely think your higher calorie days would be when you work out the hardest:) Good luck!
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options
    It makes sense that the days of more cardio, where I'm buring more fat, would be the days to have increased calories. But, I've also read that you need more calories on your strength days to help repair the muscles - ugh, so confusing! I just want to do everything "right" and see if I can start losing weight again.