Opinions please

Options
gemlynch
gemlynch Posts: 24 Member
So I started landscaping again and am not sure how to enter all this activity. I can't change my activity level because I'm only working twice a week (I'm a new mom). And if I enter 8 hours of gardening I get a credit of like 3100 calories or something crazy like that. What would you do??

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would honestly probably not enter it and just add a few hundred extra calories onto my day IF I was truly hungry and working hard
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    Well I am bo expert by no means but activity burns calories and here is a good site to Use:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go ahead and up activity level. Raising it one level adds about 200-300 cals per day. So for the week it would add about 1500-2000 cals. I would guess that's probably sufficient.

Or you can go ahead and continue adding it as exercise. I would deduct a bit to account for overestimation - maybe take 2 hrs off or so. And then spread the cals out over a couple of days. So if you work on Monday, eat half the extra that day and the other half Tuesday.

Ideally, though, I'd get a good HRM to get a better estimation of what you're burning.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    Have you considered a heart rate monitor? I'm to understand those are the most accurate method of tracking calories, and I also read in other areas of the forum that they can be purchased at Wal-Mart for a little under $50, and that those are pretty good in comparison to some more expensive models. It's all heresay though, because I haven't gotten mine yet. Maybe some other folks can confirm or deny my suggestion.
  • gemlynch
    gemlynch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All good suggestions thanks!!! Didn't even thing of a hrm, good idea!