girl scout cookies any cave yet?

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    lolee817 wrote: »
    Oops zoomed over there

Haha. No. I wasn't going to even cave. I was just going to feel guilty at the disappointment on their cute little faces.
  • lolee817
    lolee817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lol too funny
  • lolee817
    lolee817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :D
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 3 boxes in the past few weeks. Maintaining as planned.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    21247x.jpg
    I bought this my first day back home last week. Does this count?

I really want some Thanks-A-Lots or some Somoas but according to the website, I have to wait until this Saturday to buy some at Krogers. My sister bought a lot from her students but she gave "bad foods" for Lent so I'm not sure what's going to happen with those. She'll probably leave them at work. :'(
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian so the cookies are different, but I used to be a leader and I always, always buy them whenever I get asked. I think the little girls who sell outside the grocery store can tell I'm an easy target but every time I see them I'm already opening my wallet to figure out how much cash I have on me to give it all away.

We usually have a few boxes in the freezer and right now there's three or four in the pantry but I don't actually like them so they get eaten by other people in my house. I love cookies but only freshly baked, I'm a total princess.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I ordered three boxes this year - for the past few years I just leave the cookies in the break room at work... the mooch factor is pretty high, so they tend to only last an hour or so. I get to help the Girl Scouts and I don't have to worry about temptation. :)
  • fallenoaks37
    Options
    I ordered 3 boxes, ate about 1/2 of each flavor and threw the rest out. I always work them up in my mind to be spectacular and they fail to deliver.
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Didn't buy any for myself (as I do better with not going overboard when they're not in the house), but did order three boxes as part of the Girl Scout program to send cookies to the military troops. Girl Scouts raise money, troops get cookies, I don't have extra calories to figure in... win win and win. :)
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I ate a whole box of Samoas on Saturday, it was delicious.

Me too! Well, it was earlier in the week, but I did eat a whole box of Samoas, and I enjoyed every last one of them.
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My mom had a box of tag-a-longs today...I had the box in my hands...but I resisted! They are my favorites (tied with samoas). The "old" me would've eaten a box of tagalongs for dinner one evening, and then had the box of samosa for dinner the next evening. I work treats into my menu, but I have NO willpower with those cookies!
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure the girl I used to order from moved away a couple months ago so I may be out of luck. One of our vendors sent us up a couple boxes but they were Samoas and I can't stand coconut so I was disappointed. I really want to try the new ones (don't care they are gluten free but the ones with the toffee bits sound tasty - toffee bits in cookies are so awesome) and will be sad not to have any tagalongs but maybe I will be lucky and I am wrong about who moved (I can't remember which house she was in - either she moved or her neighbor moved). I know they sometimes sell outside grocery stores here but I have never been lucky enough to time it right.
  • JenniferLynnBranham
    Options
    I gave them money and asked the girls to give the cookies to the next kid that walked by.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    21247x.jpg
    I bought this my first day back home last week. Does this count?

I really want some Thanks-A-Lots or some Somoas but according to the website, I have to wait until this Saturday to buy some at Krogers. My sister bought a lot from her students but she gave "bad foods" for Lent so I'm not sure what's going to happen with those. She'll probably leave them at work. :'(

I love this bear!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I ate half a box over the last couple of weeks. I still have 1.5 boxes left and will buy some more this weekend (I love the peanut butter sandwich cookies). Those will last me a good long while since I only eat a serving and only if it fits into my calories.

Luckily I can't eat thin mints or samoas (chocolate is a no-no for me due to a medical condition) because those were always my weakness.
  • txrn123
    txrn123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Thin Mints. 4 of them in a serving. I think it said 160 calories. Not every day, I think that I used them as a treat to myself twice since I started MFP a month ago.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had stopped buying girlscout cookies when I found out I had a gluten allergy, but now they have GF ones. I finally caved and bought some last week, and they were really good!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I bought 12 boxes. Some going to my BF, some to my mom, but most are for me. However, I am ordering from a friend who lives on the other coast because I want to support her little girl. A case of GS cookies is 12 boxes, so I wanted to make it easy for her to ship.
  • delainepittman
    delainepittman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I couldn't resist buying girl scout cookies, but I haven't eaten even one cookie. I purchased 12 boxes and took them all to my local food bank. It allowed me to support two good organizations and I felt good without consuming any calories. Win-Win!!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    We ordered three boxes and my husband has strict orders to slowly ration them to me ....or I will eat them ALL!