Worst workout dvd you have tried?

Options
We all know different workouts work for different people, but what workout dvd is the worst you have tried?

Replies

• jennbaby23
    jennbaby23 Posts: 13
    Options
    richard simmons, sweat into the oldies. Bought it mostly for the laughs, which i got. lol! worked out to it maybe three times and moved on to just doing workouts on demand (tv) I think i was missing the short sparkle shorts to go with the workouts!
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I work at the local Dollar store and we got in a bunch of these workout dvds that had these flashy covers, kind of like a store brand of The Firm. They looked really nice so I got them figuring hey, why not; they're $1.
    In goes the Dvd..
    It looked like someone recorded it at their local YMCA!
    All of the girls working out were head to toe 80s. I mean, leg warmers, hip high spandex, the big hair- all of it.
    There was one guy in the whole group in the very back corner who looked like Lurch from the Addams Family who was needlessly creepy. So, I started laughing and I'm sitting there laughing my butt off when they all lift their arms and NOT ONE of the workout girlies had shaved their armpits! Not a one!
    Of course, curiosity got to me and with them wearing those high cut spandex..my eyes wandered downwards..
    They had hair peeking out from their jumpers!
  • ssassy428
    ssassy428 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The worst for my was the first P90X. I tried to do the DVD and hurt myself something terrible.
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    For me, it's anything with Denise Austin. Truthfully, it has nothing to do with her exercise routine. It's her voice. It's like nails on a chalk board for me. *shudder*
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    the dvd called skinny *****es
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I did a Yoga DVD from the library that looked as if it was done on a home video, the sound was off anf the instructor looked like she was on a church stage...plus she had a belly dancing costume on ...it was odd
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin -- totally agree! I thought it was just me! No wonder I work out with cartoons now! (Wii)
  • loula45
    loula45 Posts: 1
    Options
    South African Callentics, I felt like i had broken my neck for weeks! It's deadly!
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin -- totally agree! I thought it was just me! No wonder I work out with cartoons now! (Wii)

When I worked days (years ago), I'd put on Lifetime Television and listen to Golden Girls while I was getting ready. About 15 mintues before I'd need to leave, Golden Girls would be over and Denise Austin's show would come on. :grumble: I'd turn the TV off just to avoid the torture on my ear drums.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i LOVE jillian michael's and thank her for MOST of her dvd's buuuuttt she did a "kettlebell" workout dvd called "Shredding it with Weights". I was sore for over a week and after a bit of research found out that the majority of the kettlebell world was enraged with her putting out this dvd because she did none of the exercises correctly and the way she did them was actually dangerous!

Needless to say... I haven't done it since. But I still do all of her other videos that I have :-)
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    mari windsor pilates. It didn't really have anything to do with her as much as the dang camera man! She would tell you what you were going to do, and then just as she'd start demonstrating the camera man would zoom in on her hair, or on the picture on the wall, or the guys beating on the drums, and when he would finally go back to what mari was doing the set would be over and she'd be going on to the next thing. It got soooo frustrating. After about 15 minutes of that, i trashed it.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! LOL
    I used to hate Denise Austin, too, until I got one of her dvds for Christmas. I smiled politely, but then tried it, and loved it! Funny thing: it has an option for no talking!!!! They must have realized they were losing money b/c of that voice :)