Pasta is my downfall...

Options
Any other pasta lovers here? Every time I get a taste of pasta, I spin out of control. One bite turns into a plate full. What are some of your alternatives?

-FOtheRHO

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big pasta person (because I avoid it! It goes down way too easy for comfort) but I've read about two things that might be of interest:
    1) Spiralized zucchini. You take a spiralizer and make the zucchini into long noodle-like strips, then steam. You could mix this with your regular pasta to take down the carbs and cals.
    2) Miracle noodles. Apparently they're 100% fiber, so they don't have calories. Looks expensive to me, but I don't know much about them.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash
  • janpei
    janpei Posts: 7
    Options
    Me too~! The miracle noodles are found in your local grocery store in the tofu section.

They also have noodles called Shiritaki noodles (which are similar) they come in spaghetti, angel hair and thicker ones.. you just have to make sure you follow the directions on how to cook or clean them or else they stink.. I don't like the texture 100% but for 20 calories I can stomach it~!!
  • freakoutadams
    Options
    Smaller portions maybe? LOL idk. I love pasta too, but for whatever reason I don't eat it as much as I used to. Also love pesto sauce. Mmmmmmm.
  • path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The taste simply awakens your old addictions to fast sugar/energy hence: carbs - thats why eliminating carbs (reducing it substantially and keeping it around exercise) is similar to cleansing the system (nicotine addiction) - however, the good news for you is BROWN PASTA (whole wheat) its low in crabs, needs a bit longer on the stove but still tastes great with half the damage - its your enemy and the question remaisn, are you willing to make the sacrifice?
  • courtx3
    courtx3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im the same way, speaking of which I just downed a plate of spaghetti. But I think if you eat whole wheat noodles, and eat it sparingly, you should do just fine. I LOVE PASTA, oh god, But I also stop myself by looking at the calories.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I LOVE pasta. I eat it at least two to three times a week!! My trick is cooking my food separate from everyone else's. (I do this anyways, my husband always wants non healthy stuff so I cook us completely separate meals most of the time). I use whole wheat pasta, and measure out 2 ounces (1 cup uncooked-I think, I use my scale) And with the pasta, I put 1/2 c sauce and about a cup or more of sauteed vegetables. Zucchini, yellow squash, onions, bell peppers, spinach and mushrooms all go great with pasta. Adding in the vegetables makes it up to be a very large portion, and it is delicious! I only eat it at supper, when I plan in advance to be sure I will have enough calories left over.
  • FantasticFo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    :raises hand: I love pasta, so I rarely eat it anymore, so many calories.