Help me out?

Looking for motivational friends. Specifically some with healthy recipes or diet plans :-)

Replies

• skinnynat1
    skinnynat1 Posts: 32 Member
    hi send me a friend request i would love to chat with u
  • Cantaloupe321
    Cantaloupe321 Posts: 53 Member
    I would love someone to talk recipes with! I'll send request now.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I just made chicken, broccoli, and orzo with a homemade cheese sauce. 1/4 pan serving is 475 calories, and it was filling.
  • Wow that sounds delicious!!! And that's a surprisingly low amount of calories. Could you share the recipe?
  • My_Butt
    When I cook, I make a meal to last for two dinners between me and my boyfriend. You can adjust the ingredients however.
    -1lb chicken tenderloins
    -1 cup orzo
    -2 bags frozen broccoli
    -seasonings (Italian seasoning, ground red pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder)
    -2 cups 2% milk
    -8 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
    •dice chicken, cook fully in sprayed pan (I use olive oil spray)
    •add broccoli with 1 cup water to chicken
    •cook orzo in separate pot (I like to add a chicken broth cube so the orzo soaks up some flavor) (I leave it a little al dente since it will continue to soften when it simmers in broccoli pan)
    •once broccoli is tender, add milk, cheese and seasoning (If you don't want it spicy, take out the red pepper flakes, and ground red pepper) stir until well mixed.
    •add orzo to broccoli and chicken mixture, cover and simmer about 5 minutes
    •1/4 of the pan is 475 calories
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    I'm not a cooker but had a killer workout tonight
    5 exercises, done in a circuit with a 25 lb dumbbell: straight leg deadlift, squat with shoulder press, bent over rowers, burpees without pushups (still holding on the weight), lastly regular pushups. Did that 4 times with a minute rest between sets. Started at 12, 10, 8, 6. Then did 20 min of HIIT on the elliptical (I ran this morning). Next week I'll move up to 30lbs. Good luck!
  • Much appreciated. And it's nice because the ingredients won't destroy my bank account like some of the recipes I see.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    When I cook, I make a meal to last for two dinners between me and my boyfriend. You can adjust the ingredients however.
    -1lb chicken tenderloins
    -1 cup orzo
    -2 bags frozen broccoli
    -seasonings (Italian seasoning, ground red pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder)
    -2 cups 2% milk
    -8 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
    •dice chicken, cook fully in sprayed pan (I use olive oil spray)
    •add broccoli with 1 cup water to chicken
    •cook orzo in separate pot (I like to add a chicken broth cube so the orzo soaks up some flavor) (I leave it a little al dente since it will continue to soften when it simmers in broccoli pan)
    •once broccoli is tender, add milk, cheese and seasoning (If you don't want it spicy, take out the red pepper flakes, and ground red pepper) stir until well mixed.
    •add orzo to broccoli and chicken mixture, cover and simmer about 5 minutes
    •1/4 of the pan is 475 calories

Nice recipe! I have maybe two of those ingredients :o
  • My_Butt
    I am laid off until April 1st, so all of my recipes are very cheap. Not only can I make a killer dish with low calories, but I can make it affordable at best.
  • My_Butt
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Nice recipe! I have maybe two of those ingredients :o

I shop at Aldis which is a cheap grocery store. Everything is off brand. The spices I used are all $.99 there. And the orzo I received from a once a month church giveaway.
  • lost 25lbs. on this site 5 years ago, but failed at maintaining looking for friends.